PDA

View Full Version : Valve information

Iceman717
12-02-2013, 09:47 PM

I need to know if anyone knows anything about this valve. It's a Revalco and the info on the plate is as follows:

DN 100 - 25 PB 25
St.35.8 / Rst.37-2

It's leaking at the stem seal. I have a repair kit which is basically a new gland with a couple of o-rings in it. I need to know if the valve has a backseat so I can repair it on the fly. It's the discharge valve on one of my screws and since we use the valve minimization technique around here there are no other valves I can close to isolate it from interstage pressure. Can't find any documentation on it and the Kit came without instructions.

My plan is to coat the stem with clean refrigeration oil and slide on the new gland. Is that correct or should some sort of grease be used on the o-rings instead?

Thanks if you can help.

Tycho
12-02-2013, 10:08 PM
Here you go :)

Revalco is now Grasso AWP

http://www.awpvalves.com/en-us/Components/Pages/default.aspx

http://www.awpvalves.com/SiteCollectionDocuments/catalogue/2%20Shut%20off%20valves.pdf

Iceman717
12-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Thank you.

Not exactly the same but close. I see backseats in the new diagrams so I guess I'll pull interstage pressure as low as I can without tripping something and proceed slowly.

Grizzly
12-02-2013, 11:15 PM
Hi Iceman!
Thanks to tyco for stirring my aged grey cells!
You are correct you can backseat these valves.
Useing the 2 flats on the Ally gland unscrew it and unpick the 2 "o" rings from within.

Carfully insert the new ones and then as you say lubricate before screwing the gland housing back down.
Grizzly

Iceman717
12-02-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks Grizzly.

There is a whole new gland in the kit with o-rings already installed in it so I'm good to go. Someone, at some point, decided there was packing in there and attempted to tighten it and munged the flats all up on the old one.

Ice

Magoo
13-02-2013, 03:41 AM
When loosening old gland, it will hiss at you. Leave the hand wheel in place till after loosening gland just incase the back seat doesnt seal and fires the gland over the side of plant room.

Grizzly
13-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Wise words, Magoo.
Munged eh! That's a new one on me?
But I can imagine what you mean Ice.
Good luck on that one.
Grizzly

RANGER1
13-02-2013, 11:13 AM
When loosening old gland, it will hiss at you. Leave the hand wheel in place till after loosening gland just incase the back seat doesnt seal and fires the gland over the side of plant room.

If that happened I would probably have munged in my pants, or is that dunged!
But of course it doesn't matter because you would have the new gland on hand.

Seriously though, if gland leaks when off back seat, then when put on back seat leak would stop.
Then you can confidently remove old gland.
Polish shaft to remove rough or high spots for the new "0" rings.
I personnaly use "0" ring grease molycote 101 or locktite "0" ring grease.

Iceman717
13-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Done, went well, easy as pie. Thank you all for the advice.

Ice