PDA

View Full Version : R410a - what connections?

evapcoil1
08-02-2013, 06:02 AM
Hi Guys
I'm here to ask for your help because I'm a bit confused, the service ports are supposed to be 5/16", correct? But when you go on a catalogue to buy hoses, connections or gauge manifolds, you cannot find this thread (see CPS) instead you find 1/2" -20 UNF listed for R410a, therefore my question (and sorry if it sounds stupid :o) , are these two threads the same thing?
I do not think so but at this point I am really confused.
Unfortunately I work on a ship and I cannot simply go to the local refrigeration supplier and ask what I need with a sample or explain to the sales assistant whatv I need...
Thank you colleagues for your help.
:)

Grizzly
08-02-2013, 07:03 AM
Hi evapcoil.
I believe it's a case of same connection different terminology!
Grizzly

Tesla
08-02-2013, 07:15 AM
Try to check online there are plenty. A good one I use for hoses, fittings, and more is yellow jacket. Get the ones with ball valves on each end to minimise release any refrigerant to the atmosphere. Buying online is also much cheaper check the likes of ebay. But I know sometimes we just need it right now so have to do with what we can get.

evapcoil1
08-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Hi Guys
Thank you for your reply

Tesla
Actually We will be in Sydney on February 16th, can you suggest any good supplier that I can go to?
I'm in contact with Refrigeration Distributors P/L, are they good?

Tesla
08-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi evapcoil1
It looks like Refrigeration Distributors P/L are mainly into kitchen equipment. There are two major wholesale suppliers Actrol and Heatcraft and a minor one Realcold asides from a few others and OEMs. For yellow jacket I would use Realcold if they have stock.
But like I said many of us are changing and buying online and saving around 50%. You will need to buy adapters between 1/4' and 5/16" too for vac pump & reclaim bottle. You will find info here http://www.yellowjacket.com/product/703 (like Grizzly posted - same size different name). I got a set like that and bought a few extra ball valves for the other end of the hose. Then recheck prices for the same product on ebay. Of course a cheap manifold set, what I could get on the day.

Mick13
09-02-2013, 04:57 AM
u could also try airefrig as well, they have some decent products. refco make a guage manifold set that do both 1/4" and 5/16", the manifold has 1/4" connections but it comes with 5 hoses, 3 of them have 1/4" connections on both ends but 2 of them have 1/4" on one end to connect to the manifold and 5/16" on the other end to connect to a r410a system. the guages have saturation temperatures for r22, r410a and another refrigerant i cant remember. actrol sell refco guages.

these are handy because u dont need an adaptor for your vacuum pump or bottle, etc. as the hose u use for evacuation/charging has a 1/4" fitting.

evapcoil1
09-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Well.. What can i say? Thank You very much guys!! :) Thanks for all the suggestions..
See you in Sydney on February 16th, if you guys are around and see a white crusie ship called Quest in the harbour, that's my office :)

Mick13
10-02-2013, 03:52 AM
can i have a job?? :)

evapcoil1
10-02-2013, 05:50 AM
Well, if you are willing to be away three months per contract, sure.. :) if really interested PM me..