PDA

View Full Version : Daikin inverters

bigspee
07-02-2013, 12:57 PM
Hi all I hope someone can assist me with this one. I have been too a few calls in the last year where the customer is complaining their air conditioning is not working in cooling( these specific calls are all daikin split systems). And when I arrive the units seem to be working. After a few minuets the units stop cooling, the fan is still running on the indoor but the compressor has shut down and then the fans. No fault code is shown. Then after about the same around of time the units start cooling again. Their is more than enough load in the rooms and it is set to cooling, but the units just don't seem to want to run. Any ideas will be much appreciated :)

bobjob
07-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Hi Bigspee
Sound like the systems are cycling on the freeze protection sensor on the evap coil. If the coil reaches below,(I think -6c) the cooling compressor stops running until the coil warms up and then the cooling will restart after the anti cycle timer run out.

You need to monitor the sensor temperatures from the remote controller.

If the unit is cycling on the freeze protection it is usually due to the system being s.o.g !

regards

Bob

frank
07-02-2013, 07:40 PM
Model numbers might help

refaircon
07-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Comms rooms by any chance??

bigspee
07-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Various models all doing the same thing

bigspee