PDA

View Full Version : Brivis Evaporative Cooler

RobDog123
01-02-2013, 11:12 AM
Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help out with an evaporative cooler issue. It's a Brivis contour series but i cant be sure of the model as the nameplate on the unit is badly weathered.

Basically the issue is that the motor which drives the dampers as well as the drain snorkel stays down, meaning when the water inlet solenoid opens, the water drains out immediately. The motor itself is working correctly, it's just being driven to that position by the controller. I know this because if I turn the motor by hand, it drives back to it's closed position.

I can also hear the pump running, but it doesn't pump any water because the drain remains lowered and does not allow the sump to fill.

I suspected the main controller to be the issue so i took it to totaline and they gave me an NE-6 controller to replace it with. The original controller was in a white plastic box and did not have any numbers for totaline to be sure of the exact replacement.

When i installed the new NE-6 controller, the red power LED on the control box itself stayed on solid for a few seconds and then began to flash continuously. There is no fault indication on the networker inside the room and the unit doesn't do anything. It just sits there flashing it's LED.

Does anyone know what's going on with it? is it the wrong controller for this unit? what does the flashing LED mean?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks.