PDA

View Full Version : Daikin units stuck in cooling

jedijono21
27-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Hello all, I wonder if you could help me with an issue.
Working on a daikin vrv 2 system with ducted units controlled by daikin I manager software.
I briefly looked at this job today so I'll try and tell you as much as I know.
Customer has complained that they can't get 3 units to go into cooling......
These three ducted units are all controlled by one bs box. I know this because I've seen a schematic and physically checked the pipe run. But when you view the units on I manager it tells you that none of the units are a heat/cool selector (master) and when you try to change mode it won't let you put the units in heating. Not only that but when you change the set temp the units revert back to original temperature after 5 mins or so.....
Any ideas?

The Viking
27-01-2013, 06:28 PM
KRP boards fitted?
Are they the only units on the same outdoor unit? If so, what is it's heat/cool changeover function set as?
Have you checked the configuration/setup in the Imanager? Any limitations added there?
And lastly, even if they are the only units served by that BS box another unit, even on a completely different system, might have been set as the master. (Quite often the case in large openplan offices where a whole floor would be asked to change over at the same time)

Happy hunting

:cool:

RusBuka
27-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Something is the master. There was the same problem with vrvr3, didn't get yet to 1 room and didn't find the necessary panel, to set a cheсker temperature and a mode it was impossible.

frank
27-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Are these ducted units connected to a local BRC remote controller?

I would assume that the mode will not change as the BS box is waiting to be told which ducted unit is the 'Master' for heat/cool change over.

Decide which one you want to be the Master, then temporarily connect a BRC controller to it. If the 'Mode' is flashing, press the Mode button once. This will set that particular unit as the Master. You can now remove the BRC controller and reset power to that fan coil or you will get a U5 error.

It's not unknown for the 'Master' setting to disappear. We have one particular site where this happens on a regular basis.

jedijono21
28-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone, thanks for all your input. It's been useful. I've been on holiday so excuse the late response. I stuck a brc remote on the unit that should be the heat/cool selector as frank suggested. The unit began functioning correctly in all modes. I checked the I manager and the unit had been denoted as a heat/cool selector again. Removed the brc remote and everything (touch wood) is working as it should now. Thanks again.

frank
28-02-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the update.....