PDA

View Full Version : panel van insulation

cadwaladr
23-01-2013, 06:20 PM
has anyone used or had experience of the insulation kits that are available the type that the makers say can be removed and used again in the same vehicle/model,guess in comes in some sort of flat pack?

glenn1340
23-01-2013, 07:16 PM
I converted a VW caddy last year using one of those kits. I`m not sure how reusable they are as expanded foam has to be squirted into the voids between the van body and the insulation panels to increase the thermal barrier and to add strength. In attempting to remove the panels you could well damage them as we all know what a job that stuff is to free off.

Glenn.

charlie patt
23-01-2013, 08:21 PM
we have them quite a bit and by the time they need to come out there is useually enough give to get um out the sticking point is how well was the floor glued down but we have reused a few on accident damage stuff and it did need a little love to get it out, the down side is they loose to much space as they are useually square panels with a few curves and they aint cheap compared to fibre. we get ours out of yorkshire or if fairly square we fit some kingspan panels ie dispatch vans

Mick Carroll
23-01-2013, 10:01 PM
I have a good few customers with them They are more efficant than the wet lay but not as durable.
Never seen them reused as the cost of labour and door panel damage would would excessive.