PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi city multi monitoring tool error

marc5180
23-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Hi guys, has anyone ever seen their monitoring tool show 'error' under state on the monitoring page.

I've got a system that isn't heating properly but when I've connected the laptop I have so many units that are displaying the error.

I've just rang Mitsubishi but they don't know.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

I've included two screen shots

Thanks

The Viking
23-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Can't see your screen shots.

But if you got an error flagged up on the monitoring page, if you on the first screen that show all the addresses instead of selecting [Monitor] you select something like [History] (OK, I can't remember the actual name of that tab and I no longer got access to the M-tool), then you should get the list of all the faultcodes on that system, both current and old.

:cool:

marc5180
23-01-2013, 07:14 PM
Viking,

It isn't actually an error with a fault code, I've checked in the malfunction log and there are no errors present.

It only shows it on the monitoring page as below.

http://imageshack.us/content_round.php?page=done&l=img571/159/imagevcp.jpg#IlEI7BkbMIFiFlCx.03

RusBuka
23-01-2013, 08:25 PM
And what at you for system? She is able to cool and heat at the same time?
Include everything with m-net on heat. Instead of with a management auto. It can be discrepancy of operating modes. And as the priority on cold, for you also works 1 block for cold, the others suck.

stufus
24-01-2013, 11:32 PM
You have a preliminary fault ,after a couple of attempts to restart and rectify it will alarm and dish out a code. I come across it regularly.Ocassionally it just stays there like a ghost address.Erase the error history from the dips on the OC and fire it up.
Cheers
Stu

marc5180
25-01-2013, 08:14 AM
The only preliminary I have Is a 1500 from over 3 weeks ago on OC 052.

Why do only some of the indoors say error when the fault was generated at the outdoor.

Thanks for your help

JoeAT50A
25-01-2013, 09:22 AM
preliminary of 1500 should be 1600 ... however outdoor error will be prompt at connected all (running) the indoor units.
Just alarm which showing/blinking 052-1500. Unless issue error code lie on just for indoor unit then error won't disturb others except 2502.

stufus
25-01-2013, 06:59 PM
IT gets flagged at whatever unit detects it .
The fuzzy logic on the control system constantly rotates around the system following the path of the address sequence , the unit that is "live" when the fault shows will hold it and it shows up as error on that units operating status and can remain until deleted from outdoor board.
Although the fault may be OC generated it is detected on the m-net loop and logged at the unit the is under monitor on the loop at that moment in time.
Hope that makes sense.
Cheers
Stu

marc5180
25-01-2013, 08:15 PM
preliminary of 1500 should be 1600 ... however outdoor error will be prompt at connected all (running) the indoor units.
Just alarm which showing/blinking 052-1500. Unless issue error code lie on just for indoor unit then error won't disturb others except 2502.

Sorry I meant preliminary code 1600. Although there is 1 or 2 1500 faults present as well, the last 10 date back over 6 months.

marc5180
25-01-2013, 08:28 PM
IT gets flagged at whatever unit detects it .
The fuzzy logic on the control system constantly rotates around the system following the path of the address sequence , the unit that is "live" when the fault shows will hold it and it shows up as error on that units operating status and can remain until deleted from the outdoor board. u

Hi Stufus,
The only faults shown are overcharge fault so as far as i know, the outdoor is sensing low superheat at the compressor inlet, most probable cause an indoor LEV wide open.
If this is how the fault is generated how can one of the indoors fault on this error when it is generated at the outdoor or
are all of the indoors that are operating at the time of the error the ones that go into error?

stufus
25-01-2013, 08:59 PM
If you take it that the control signal "fuzzy logic" moves from indoor to indoor at high speed picking up the info to process it,so as to determine required operating conditions on a continuous loop.If that signal happens to be passing through say IC-13 at the time the signal is interrupted by the fault generation, the logic tags that unit as the point of contact for the fault regardless of the source.
That unit therefor becomes the fault generator as that was the unit that picked it up first.
If you click on the indoor unit address on the system information page (the search page) it will show up on the bottom of the page as a fault although the unit is an indoor the fault can be OC or BC specific

Cheers

Stu

Did you ever get to the bottom of the 6600 fiasco you had last year?

marc5180
25-01-2013, 10:09 PM
If you take it that the control signal "fuzzy logic" moves from indoor to indoor at high speed picking up the info to process it,so as to determine required operating conditions on a continuous loop.If that signal happens to be passing through say IC-13 at the time the signal is interrupted by the fault generation, the logic tags that unit as the point of contact for the fault regardless of the source.
That unit therefor becomes the fault generator as that was the unit that picked it up first.
If you click on the indoor unit address on the system information page (the search page) it will show up on the bottom of the page as a fault although the unit is an indoor the fault can be OC or BC specific

Cheers

Stu

Did you ever get to the bottom of the 6600 fiasco you had last year?

If that's the case then I assume the 1500/1600 fault is what's causing the error however there are no obvious signs of an indoor LEV locked wide open and even if there was would one indoor LEV be enoughto generate this fault.
Which leads me to think it must be LEV 3 in the indoor BC but again this isn't showing any signs of being locked open.

Yes I eventually got to the bottom of it.
It was caused by 2 out of the 3 CN plugs being set to CN41 rather than just the one, I only found it by accident and was about to give up!!

stufus
25-01-2013, 10:53 PM
LEV 3 is the usual suspect , have had a few with the level sensor in the accumulator acting up causing them to alarm on overcharge.But they were all YMFC.
I'd be looking at units 4, 19 &20 for a start.
Cheers
Stu

marc5180
25-01-2013, 11:06 PM
How can you read the accumulator level? I've looked for this before in the service manual but there's no mention of it.

Why 4, 19& 20?

Are you looking at SH/SC coil temps or return airs?

stufus
25-01-2013, 11:26 PM
4 ,19&20 because they are not operating and the coil temps seem a bit on the low side considering the LEV's are shut which is backed up by the SH/SC temps.
On the older units it shows up on the m-net screen for the OC just below the comp HZ as AL- . The AL stands for accumulator level . 0= low , 1= within range , 2= high.
The level will vary with load but low or high for any substantial time is a good indication of charge issues.
They did away with it on the newer stuff as people who couldn't interpret the info on screen jumped to the wrong conclusions and the tech support team were inundated with under/overcharge complaints.
But as I'm sure you are aware the best indicator for either is discharge temperature under load.
Cheers
Stu

marc5180
25-01-2013, 11:47 PM
It doesn't show on the YHMA that I'm looking at so like you say they must have done away with it.

Thanks for you help Stufus, as always much appreciated.

I tried ripping you but it says I must spread the reps before giving it to you again.