PDA

View Full Version : daikin vrv unit jumping back to 23 degrees

the stig
18-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Please help! Hi I am working on a daikin vrv 3 system. this is my first post so thanks in advance.
The office in question on the 5th floor which is not on
the i touch controller and has its own bs boxs, units, controllers. When staff arrive in the morning the controller is set for 23 degrees heating/cooling.
Staff adjust temp and raise it , the unit heats for approx 20 mins and then
it reverts back to 23 degrees heat. but sometimes it stays heating for an hour then jumps back.

So i investigated the wiring for the units after consulting the wiring
diagram and there is a meeting room beside the office and this has the same
problem.
Its the last bs box on the floor and on investigation i found 2 cables
going into the last bs box on the floor - 1 from bs box in office and i chased the other cable which travels around the floor and into a riser and looks to be going to the 6th floor which is on the i touch.

So i disconnected the link to 6TH floor from the last bs box on the 5th and i got a U4 alarm on the 5th floor units and 6th floor units and also got a JC alarm on 6th floor controller, so i reconnected the cable and units reset and
operate as they where. The office on the 5th floor is addressed 1-00 group 00 and also meeting room next door,Is this being controlled by i touch some how? i tried to take 6th floor units off i touch and unit on 5th floor units keeps jumpimg back to 23 degrees, we just need to have this unit on full manual control. Is it an adderssing issue or are the units on the 6th floor acting as a master to these units on the 5th?
Also is there any way of splitting the floors and/or putting the 5th floor onto the i touch, there is an expander card installed is it
only a matter of running cable from condensers to i touch.

install monkey
18-01-2013, 05:52 PM
daikin controllers display the setpoint from the last command,either from the local remote,i touch or bms interface- got a site with a satchwell bas on it and when connected it pulses a setpoint every 5 mins- frustrating , its now unplugged- put the controller in setting mode 43, to ensure address is correct also check for duplicate addresses on the system, easiest way is press test on each controller to display the address

AbsoluteWDJ
18-01-2013, 06:18 PM
Please help! Hi I am working on a daikin vrv 3 system. this is my first post so thanks in advance.
The office in question on the 5th floor which is not on
the i touch controller and has its own bs boxs, units, controllers. When staff arrive in the morning the controller is set for 23 degrees heating/cooling.
Staff adjust temp and raise it , the unit heats for approx 20 mins and then
it reverts back to 23 degrees heat. but sometimes it stays heating for an hour then jumps back.

So i investigated the wiring for the units after consulting the wiring
diagram and there is a meeting room beside the office and this has the same
problem.
Its the last bs box on the floor and on investigation i found 2 cables
going into the last bs box on the floor - 1 from bs box in office and i chased the other cable which travels around the floor and into a riser and looks to be going to the 6th floor which is on the i touch.

So i disconnected the link to 6TH floor from the last bs box on the 5th and i got a U4 alarm on the 5th floor units and 6th floor units and also got a JC alarm on 6th floor controller, so i reconnected the cable and units reset and
operate as they where. The office on the 5th floor is addressed 1-00 group 00 and also meeting room next door,Is this being controlled by i touch some how? i tried to take 6th floor units off i touch and unit on 5th floor units keeps jumpimg back to 23 degrees, we just need to have this unit on full manual control. Is it an adderssing issue or are the units on the 6th floor acting as a master to these units on the 5th?
Also is there any way of splitting the floors and/or putting the 5th floor onto the i touch, there is an expander card installed is it
only a matter of running cable from condensers to i touch.

Sounds to me that it is on the I touch otherwise you wouldn't get the group address 1-00 displayed on the local control. Simplist action would be to disable programmed address 1-00 and then go to I touch and see what unit is showing UE error code. That will be the unit you've just disabled. If you have an Itouch and expander pack then there will quite a few systems on-site. Might be worth getting a Daikin engineer if not that confident on controls.

the stig
05-03-2013, 10:37 AM
i wired in expander card and split the 5 systems between the itc and exp card, 96 units in total and all addressed correctly, now staff reporting that when controllers come on in the morning they are at 23 degrees auto but at different times of the day they go to 21 degrees auto cool, locked all controllers and it is still jumping back to 21 degrees

So i checked the i touch controller and some units where at 21 and some at 23 degrees, while checking a unit in another office, when i came back to the i touch all the units on the i touch had a 21 degrees, I reduced differential to 1 degree with no difference,

So i sent all targets a 23 degrees set point and they all ran for a few hours before they started to go back to 21 degrees, I checked addresses and they are ok, So to compensate i set all targets set point at 25 degrees to see if it would hold at 23, all targets are at 25 degrees and now some jumping back to 18 degrees

AbsoluteWDJ
05-03-2013, 04:35 PM
i wired in expander card and split the 5 systems between the itc and exp card, 96 units in total and all addressed correctly, now staff reporting that when controllers come on in the morning they are at 23 degrees auto but at different times of the day they go to 21 degrees auto cool, locked all controllers and it is still jumping back to 21 degrees

So i checked the i touch controller and some units where at 21 and some at 23 degrees, while checking a unit in another office, when i came back to the i touch all the units on the i touch had a 21 degrees, I reduced differential to 1 degree with no difference,

So i sent all targets a 23 degrees set point and they all ran for a few hours before they started to go back to 21 degrees, I checked addresses and they are ok, So to compensate i set all targets set point at 25 degrees to see if it would hold at 23, all targets are at 25 degrees and now some jumping back to 18 degrees

Are you sure they go to auto cool 21? If each fan coil has 2c automatic differential programmed (Field Setting 22-4-03) then i'd expect auto heat 21c and if changeover occurs then auto cool 23c. There is your 2c difference in automatic changeover. This will prevent constant changeover heat/cool, Also the heat thermostat OFF would be 22c and the cool thermostat OFF would be 22c. This is why Daikin recommend programming this setting. If this is the case then your biggest problem is explaining it to the end user! Not quite sure on the jumping back to 18c though. If i were you i'd check schedules, automatic changeover groups (Itouch system settings) and set limit points on each group address. You might have a number of conflicts. Is this I touch from factory or has other engineers worked on it?