PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RWEYQ10MY1 Linked system question

sgge888
17-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Hi new to here so hello for the off....

I have two systems each one is a linked system with x3 RWEYQ10MY1 units - 3 pipe heat recovery.

Question first (and its been debated to death on site)

Would the following apart from the capacity issue of the fan coils cause a problem in the long run...

One of the systems had a faulty inverter board so the faulty board on slave VRV has been removed and fitted to master unit, the valves have been shut on the same and the interconnecting, disconnected. So now just two units running. Both full systems connected to an Itouch. Customer doesn't want to fork out for a costly board...! Valves were shut apparently while system was running.

cool#9
17-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Hi
I think you'd rather use binary code to turn off the master unit instead of closing the valves...
Be careful of oil return on these units cause they need special refnets with upside down oil traps just after, depending on the way you fit the copper tubes.
If you needed 30hp then now you only get 20...
What's the total indoor capacity?
Rgds
Cool#9

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

nick2ono
18-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Hi
I think you'd rather use binary code to turn off the master unit instead of closing the valves...
Be careful of oil return on these units cause they need special refnets with upside down oil traps just after, depending on the way you fit the copper tubes.
If you needed 30hp then now you only get 20...
What's the total indoor capacity?
Rgds
Cool#9

you could also remove the communication cable off the "unnecessary" unit an reset the system. You would still have 10hp less!! oh and mind the oil return!!

install monkey
18-01-2013, 05:42 PM
just putting more load,run time on the remaining units

AbsoluteWDJ
18-01-2013, 06:36 PM

I have two systems each one is a linked system with x3 RWEYQ10MY1 units - 3 pipe heat recovery.

Would the following apart from the capacity issue of the fan coils cause a problem in the long run...

One of the systems had a faulty inverter board so the faulty board on slave VRV has been removed and fitted to master unit, the valves have been shut on the same and the interconnecting, disconnected. So now just two units running. Both full systems connected to an Itouch. Customer doesn't want to fork out for a costly board...! Valves were shut apparently while system was running.

You should set the faulty unit in EMG mode. Leave the valves open and replace the INV PCB asap. I would also check the windings on the compressor. If the compressor is down to earth then as soon as you install the new INV PCB and there is a demand the new INV PCB will probably blow and you'll back to where you are now.

VRVIII
19-01-2013, 08:32 PM

Continual operation of a 20hp system with a suction line sized for 30hp system can result in oil return problems, this is why a max time period is specified for emergency operation

cool#9
23-01-2013, 09:21 PM
Continual operation of a 20hp system with a suction line sized for 30hp system can result in oil return problems, this is why a max time period is specified for emergency operation

I totaly agree... Is there a way to go into oil return manualy?
This could be helpful
Rgds
Cool#9