PDA

View Full Version : Daikin RSEYP10K7W1 blowing control fuse and 2No. 35 amp fuses

mr slim
16-01-2013, 10:20 PM
Hi chaps

Just wondering if anyone has any pointers on a job we have inherited.
Originally the main outdoor PCB had blown quite badly so much so that some of the relays were completely burnt out so we replaced the board and that was fine.
Then a few months later No.1 control fuse blew and Daikin advised it could be the condenser fans as these were prone to letting in water and blowing this particular fuse.
Today I arrived and found the same fuse blown and 2 phases down.
Replaced all fuses and the unit runs, both compressors run and fans running fine.
Im wondering if it could be a solenoid perhaps?
Any help would be appreciated.

cool#9
17-01-2013, 07:00 PM
Hi chaps

Originally the main outdoor PCB had blown quite badly so much so that some of the relays were completely burnt out so we replaced the board and that was fine.
Then a few months later No.1 control fuse blew and Daikin advised it could be the condenser fans as these were prone to letting in water and blowing this particular fuse.
Replaced all fuses and the unit runs, both compressors run and fans running fine.

Hola Mr slim
Sorry but don't really understand!
Is there the small fuse on the main pcb or the bigger one on RST lead wires...
I've had a lot of condensor motor fan replacement on this series but they were down to earth and sometimes fired the small fuse on the pcb... But not the big one
Rgds
Cool#9
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

martinw58
18-01-2013, 06:05 AM
had the small fuse blow and it was down to water geting into condenser fan

AbsoluteWDJ
18-01-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi chaps

Have you changed the fan motors? Also you might have had external power issues, drop in voltage could blow the fuses.

mr slim
19-01-2013, 06:44 PM
Hola Mr slim
Sorry but don't really understand!
Is there the small fuse on the main pcb or the bigger one on RST lead wires...
I've had a lot of condensor motor fan replacement on this series but they were down to earth and sometimes fired the small fuse on the pcb... But not the big one
Rgds
Cool#9

It had blown the 10 amp glass fuse on the main pcb as well as 2 32 amp fuses in the distribution board.
Both fan motors were replaced last year. My thoughts are that water is getting inside the motors.

mr slim
19-01-2013, 06:47 PM
that is what im thinking is happening this time. The motors were replaced last year but you wouldnt think so to loo at as the shafts and the motor bodies are already rusted badly.

mr slim
19-01-2013, 06:51 PM
the motors were replaced last year but have already corroded on the shafts and the motor bodies quite badly.
Not sure if the site has power issues my thoughts are that water is causing the problem as the system is till running today.

install monkey
19-01-2013, 07:33 PM
daikin control circuits- including powering of the pcb is done off red phase, some daikin boards have phase protection too, by mentioning that 2 fuses blew at 32 amp, then its probably a dead short on the pcb or the cable to the compressor rubbed through or condensation causing arcing on the comp terminals

VRVIII
19-01-2013, 08:13 PM
daikin control circuits- including powering of the pcb is done off red phase, some daikin boards have phase protection too, by mentioning that 2 fuses blew at 32 amp, then its probably a dead short on the pcb or the cable to the compressor rubbed through or condensation causing arcing on the comp terminals

The control ciruits on most K series VRV's uses 2 phases
L1 supplies the main PCB (A1P) L3 is also connected for the reverse phase protection device
L2 supplies aux PCB (A2P)

Regarding the blown fuses you should be checking the fan motor internal klixon circuits (Q1M/Q2M), this is what goes down to earth not the motor windings.

cool#9
23-01-2013, 09:17 PM
Regarding the blown fuses you should be checking the fan motor internal klixon circuits (Q1M/Q2M), this is what goes down to earth not the motor windings.

Yes it's true we usualy find out faulty internal klixon :-)
Cool#9