PDA

View Full Version : sprinter

IRMechanik
16-01-2013, 12:10 PM
I'm doing an install on a '13 sprinter.
where is the best place to pick up ignition power on one of these?

cadwaladr
16-01-2013, 02:43 PM
from the fuse box,try the supply to heater control switch but make sure you put a correctly rated fuse on it!! and make sure its accessable,connected my bluetooth to there as the radio wiring is not an option make the connection at the fuse box and the fuse there to i have spent wasted time when someone hides it.

clivemtk
16-01-2013, 07:36 PM
please dont use any wiring tapped off ecu do as cad says find a fuse but dont hide it

charlie patt
16-01-2013, 08:21 PM
underneath passanger glovebox is a seperate loom for bodyshop aftermarket supplies there are earth permanent supplies and ignition supply the fuses for these are marked aux feed in fusebox in uk they are marked bodyshop loom

IRMechanik
22-01-2013, 11:56 AM
Found it, thank you. Under the driver's seat there is dedicated points with battery power, power engine running and ignition power. Super impressed with the sprinter for an install.

Rob White
22-01-2013, 12:49 PM

EDIT..

DOH!! I should have paid more attention to the post above :o

I don't know about the sprinter but the Vito has a 12v cigarette plug socket
both in the cab dash board and in the rear compartment also. They are switched
with the ignition.

Mine was used to feed the relays for the tow bar electrics.

Rob

IRMechanik
22-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Four bolts to pull the seat out and everything is nicely laid out. A nice rubber passthough boot out the floor. Main power hook up and ignition power all inside the cab. The only outside wiring is for the compressor clutch.

Problem I have with using a cigarette plug is I don't like the reefer to share a fuse with anything else, can be problematic down the road.