PDA

View Full Version : N2 (nitrogen) mollier chart

dogma
15-01-2013, 11:31 AM
Hi guys.... Not sure if this is the right place to post but here's the question....

Does anyone know where I can get a mollier chart for nitrogen..... ???

An apprentice asked me today about pressure differences when pressure testing equipment at different temps during the day....

I've looked on the web but can't see anything... :(

Regards

Dogma

BradC
15-01-2013, 01:21 PM
I thought all "permanent gasses" complied fairly closely to boyles law? You're not likely to reach the extremes where non-linearity creeps in.

I did a 48hr leak test recently with my testo 550. It's temperature corrected measurement correlated pretty closely to my manual calc using boyles law. I knew my highschool chem would come in handy someday.

Rob White
15-01-2013, 02:28 PM

N2 R728 is on coolpack.

http://www.ipu.dk/English/IPU-Manufacturing/Refrigeration-and-energy-technology/Downloads/CoolPack.aspx

Regards

Rob

dogma
20-01-2013, 12:47 PM
I thought all "permanent gasses" complied fairly closely to boyles law? You're not likely to reach the extremes where non-linearity creeps in.

I did a 48hr leak test recently with my testo 550. It's temperature corrected measurement correlated pretty closely to my manual calc using boyles law. I knew my highschool chem would come in handy someday. I understand Boyle's Law but without knowing the exact volume and Massive temperature differentials, such as when pressure testing a complete freezer unit, where ambient varies from 26- 36 deg C. and the evaporator temp can vary from -18 to 26 deg C. I don't understand how it can accurately work out the pressure differences. I'll give it a go next time I have the time on site to test though..... Thanks for the info and thanks Rob White, I checked out the section in Cool Pack and have printed some info...

Regards

Dogma