PDA

View Full Version : Zanussi ZBB Thermostat

greg_68
14-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Hi all, I am suffering from an issue with the above fridge freezer.

Freezer works fine but the fridge goes warm every two weeks.

Manually defrosting cures the problem for another two weeks.

This suggests that the auto defrost function is not working and I can only surmise that either the heater or more likely the thermostat switching the defrost heater has failed.

In it's failed state I can see the coils are well frosted up especially by the incoming vents from the fridge, explaining why it gets warm.

Having taken the drawers etc out of the freezer I can see the heater and control unit is located in a unit fixed to the top side of the freezer.

I removed all the screws etc but I cannot get the heater unit out away form the top enough to locate the thermostat. The copper tube feeding into the unit and it's width are restricting the movement.

Has anyone got any experience on this particular system or are there manuals I could be referred to?

Thank you in anticipation.

greg_68
14-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Sorry, forgot to add model number ZBB7266

Fuming
12-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Sorry, forgot to add model number ZBB7266

Hi, I have exactly the same model. I have had it less than 2 years and fortunately took out an extended warranty. I have had nothing but problems with this, the engineer visits regularly every 6 months. I have had the heater stats replaced at least 3 times and was told there was a problem with this part. I was told I should defrost my "frost free" appliance every 6 months. I have contacted Electrolux zanussi several times, received £40 as gesture of goodwill, and they have now agreed to replace it. Sorry I can't be more help other than to say worth complaining regularly to them.

tonto33
13-02-2013, 05:56 PM
normally sensor fails on these