PDA

View Full Version : Re-use of cold in refrigeration system

bart43
14-01-2013, 11:02 AM
Hello,

I am a process engineer currently working on a project concerning a low temperature operation. I try to make a proces scheme for an energy efficient cooling system in which part of the refrigrant-condensation is accomplished by using 'waste-cold' from a cold product stream. However not enough cold is available for the complete condensation and so additional cooling is required (preferrably) with an air condensor. This means two compressors and a 'high' and 'low' temperature condensation steps.

Is there someone who can tell me something about commercially available systems for the above described situation?

Thank you in advance,

Bart

bart43
14-01-2013, 02:17 PM
I am afraid that my above written post is not very clear. In fact I am also curious to hear about any kind of options that are available to have a refrigeration cycle with two different condensing temperatures.

Thank you,
Bart

Rob White
14-01-2013, 04:57 PM

You don't need two compressors you need two condensers.

The first condenser will remove the superheat and then the second
could do the actual condensing, maybe using a water cooled condenser
as a de-superheater and then you get the added bonus of heat recovery.

Then once you have de-superheated the discharge vapour you can then
use your waste cold process to condense the refrigerant.

Regards

Rob

Segei
15-01-2013, 12:06 AM
Hello,

I am a process engineer currently working on a project concerning a low temperature operation. I try to make a proces scheme for an energy efficient cooling system in which part of the refrigrant-condensation is accomplished by using 'waste-cold' from a cold product stream. However not enough cold is available for the complete condensation and so additional cooling is required (preferrably) with an air condensor. This means two compressors and a 'high' and 'low' temperature condensation steps.

Is there someone who can tell me something about commercially available systems for the above described situation?

Thank you in advance,

Bart
What do you mean by "waste cold"? Can you clarify this or give example?

mad fridgie
15-01-2013, 07:43 AM
Are you talking about a CO2 vapouriser/ re-condeser