PDA

View Full Version : HVAC Mechanic (Cert III) - Australia

Sumit
11-01-2013, 03:45 AM
Dear All,

I am migrating to Australia and I would like to work as a HVAC mechanic.I have already get my education assessed from Engineers Australia.But to work as a Mechanic, I have to get few licenses by giving proper theoretical and practical exam.So, can anybody help me in suggesting any book or material related to these exams ?? I feel lot of Australians are here and surely will get a positive reply.

Thanks for your cooperation..

Kev The Tool
11-01-2013, 07:17 AM
Hi, I have posted stuff about this on here, if you search my posts it will come up, if not i will post it again.
Kev

Kev The Tool
11-01-2013, 07:19 AM
you must be a qualified refrigeration mechanic in your country before you can have your skills assessed, if not you must get a full 4 year apprenticeship,

BradC
11-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Which makes the entry into the industry as a mature age entrant all but impossible. My training is in electronics, but with a wife and mortgage to support, dropping my current career to do another 4 year apprenticeship is just not possible. Depressing that it can't be done part time or at night school.

Kev The Tool
12-01-2013, 12:22 AM
i know brad it sucks i was looking at training for A grade electrician but they told me it's 4 years and you have to be employed as an electrical apprentice.

Magoo
12-01-2013, 03:02 AM
Varify your qualifications with relevent govt departments if emigrating, if you do not cut the mustard do not arrive expecting anything other than start again from zero. Research research before moving.
WE both Australia and New Zealand are full to the brim with wanabeez.

Sumit
12-01-2013, 04:07 AM
Dear All,

Thanks a lot for your replies. I had a talk with Vetassess regarding the same.They have told me that I have to give one exam including both practical work and theoretical.If I pass it, they will issue me the required license for HVAC mechanic.One can exempt the 4 year apprenticeship training, if he or she feels has a relevant education and experience in an industry.

Thanks Magoo,I am doing a lot of research.Everyday I talk to Vetasses and another Uni's which can help me in getting the license.

BradC
12-01-2013, 11:27 AM
i know brad it sucks i was looking at training for A grade electrician but they told me it's 4 years and you have to be employed as an electrical apprentice.

Certainly not the case in WA. You can do your 'leccy here with a years experience working for a contractor.

Kev The Tool
13-01-2013, 05:07 AM
Brad tell me more, i live NOR around Joondalup if you fancy a meet up pm me i could defo do with picking your brains.

@ summit.
my process went like this: i got fully qualified in the uk, then i did a vettasses assessment in the uk and passed. i then went through the visa application and came to Australia ready to start work. could i start work no. i had to get my certificates exchanged for Australian qualifications and complete a restricted electrical licence. I called vetasses and pointed out to them that i had completed their assessment in the uk and i had the certificate to prove they told me i would have to do the same test on Australian soil as the first time was for visa application purposes only. It is a long and arduous process so please dont expect to come here with your spanners and gauges expecting to start the next day cos it wont happen. on that cheery note im off to get drunk in my pool. Kev