PDA

View Full Version : hose fittings

coolincab
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM
hi there
I have had a lot of bother with crimp fittings leaking this last 2 years especialy with the delivery hose comeing off the compressor (No8 standard) .

I am blameing the depth of the barbs on the fittings they are all too shallow have asked 1 or 3 suppliers to look in to it but they cant see past made in China.

I see burgaflex do an online catalog but will there fittings be any better ?

flyinkiwi
09-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Are TK hose and fittings an option?

I know they cost a bit more, but the speed of fitting, and the fact I've never had a leak under warranty have sold me on it.

coolincab
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM
I have used tk fittings before but only when repairing hoses on fridge vans where the customer has supplied the parts.
Nearly all my work is related to vehicle air con in the cab with every manufacture useing different ends i dont know if tk do a large range of fittings.

price isn`t an issue when you get quality. I had to travel twice to a machine last year over 100 miles away for free because the replacement fitting was leaking kinda makes you mad :rolleyes:

clivemtk
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM
what make of unit and what type of fitting are you using

charlie patt
09-01-2013, 09:50 PM
To be fair there all have there problems the last good fittings we had where reuseable ones/ the problem we have with burgaflex is they draw air in over a period of time on frezzer work manuelli will do the same on my own kit ive gone back to useing thick wall goodyear and reuseable fittings if we have to use burga or mauuelli we alter the pressure switches so they dont pull a vac then they ainst so bad not really a problem on ac as it dont get that low

cadwaladr
09-01-2013, 10:24 PM
some of the pressures in that truck ac can get high,we do craploads of merc 48 tonners but always use genuine merc hose,s parts never have an issue and volvo trucks seem to have the best ac very rare to find them faulty.is it just on truck ac you have the problems with or off road machinery plant?.

coolincab
15-01-2013, 09:25 PM
what make of unit and what type of fitting are you using

mainly off road machinery none of the fittings have name or trade mark i think years back some fittings were marked by atco but havent seen that for long time

coolincab
15-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I did speak to Burgaflex they knew about the problem instantly advised me to try the clip fittings & or the reuseable ones i suppose you can always tighten up the reusable a bit more if they leak
they told me that its probably my crimper thats the problem. Not closeing enough but i have tried crimping the fitting with No8 dye then giveing it another press with No 10 reduced dye & still had it fail

mabe i should have asked them to make fittings to suit my crimper

coolincab
15-01-2013, 09:44 PM
some of the pressures in that truck ac can get high,we do craploads of merc 48 tonners but always use genuine merc hose,s parts never have an issue and volvo trucks seem to have the best ac very rare to find them faulty.is it just on truck ac you have the problems with or off road machinery plant?.

mainly off road machinery but no different to trucks used to get quit a few scania lorries but now a days it seems to just be recharging them after they have replaced intercoolers or radiators couple of volvos last year with wireing faults still under warranty though so never found out what was wrong the trucks seem to be built on a more solid chassie with less vibration than agri machines

cadwaladr
16-01-2013, 06:10 PM
burgaflex should suit your needs i deal with them hoses are good,i dont use the crimper i use the clip type with the pliers supplied by them[burgaflex] no horse meat in them!

djbe
16-01-2013, 10:17 PM
To be fair there all have there problems the last good fittings we had where reuseable ones/ the problem we have with burgaflex is they draw air in over a period of time on frezzer work manuelli will do the same on my own kit ive gone back to useing thick wall goodyear and reuseable fittings if we have to use burga or mauuelli we alter the pressure switches so they dont pull a vac then they ainst so bad not really a problem on ac as it dont get that low

What i don't get is why are they pulling a vac??