PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi PAR27MEA Issues

terelan
08-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Hi All
Just hoping to pick your brains.
I have a site with PURY250 R407C unit with 9 ducted indoors each with its own PAR27MEA remote and each remote address matching corresponding indoor. When called to site for first time I found addressing issues where previous company had mixed up some SW12 & SW11. Got all that sorted and did a full reboot.
All remotes stopped HO ing and everything seemed ready to rock and roll. ( the dot was on all the remotes before I tried to switch on. )
I turned unit on but nothing happened at remote or anywhere else. This was the same for 8 out of 9 indoors but one of them did turn on and worked fine. The other 8 would work on test run.
I then took the good remote and swapped with another and sure enough that unit then started normally and the unit that had been working would not stop on its newly swapped remote. I also ran all indoors from SW3 on outdoor and all came on no problem.
I'm wondering if anyone has come across this before because I can't get my head around the idea that 8 out of 9 remotes are faulty but there is a first time for everything. Mitsubishi believe this to be the case but I just thought I'd try you guys out first.

Thx

stufus
08-01-2013, 08:54 PM
The only time I have come across. Something. Similar is when the remotes have previously or are still connected. To the 12v control circuit, but it depends on the. Indoor. Model Number.
Cheers
Stu

install monkey
08-01-2013, 09:22 PM
swap a good controller with a faulty 1 , re address controllers and see if the fault shifts, had hotel with 50 rooms and 1 room had a par 27 that the indoor wouldn't start, did display correctly for about 2 seconds, unit didn't even try to start, thought- maintenance chimp had turned the spur off- turned out to be indoor pcb, proved it by swapping with a unused unit- tight git didn't accept me quote to fit new pcb to his butchered unit- the shoes on the other foot as a penthouse suite has a noisy fan on the indoor,above the plasterboard ceiling- think they need an indoor board too!!! haha

JoeAT50A
09-01-2013, 05:29 AM
Please try outdoor unit's SW2-2 ON for fresh virgin start to remove all the existing information. And re-register one by one with initial registration mode cum engineering mode.

Hope this help.

terelan
09-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Hi Guys
thx for the help so far.
1) I swapped the remote with a good one and re addressed and fault moved ( as stated in original post )
2) Joe I understand the need to try virgin start but why would I need to Re-Register remotes the way you have outlined. Would the switches on the remote for addressing be sufficient. Is what your suggesting the norm?
im heading to site tomorrow and will try out your suggestions

again thx everyone for the help

regcooldude
09-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Make sure your remotes are numbered the same as your indoor numbers. Do a virgin restart then count up your indoor units using sw1 1&10 after you've checked they are all present check your rmc's are all present using sw1 2&10. You can also check they've been addressed properly at the rmc by pressing filter & swing. Then press your clock on/off button to see which indoors it is "seeing"

JoeAT50A
10-01-2013, 02:10 AM
Hi Guys
thx for the help so far.
1) I swapped the remote with a good one and re addressed and fault moved ( as stated in original post )
2) Joe I understand the need to try virgin start but why would I need to Re-Register remotes the way you have outlined. Would the switches on the remote for addressing be sufficient. Is what your suggesting the norm?
im heading to site tomorrow and will try out your suggestions

again thx everyone for the help

To me yes just normal practices to clean it up the mess. Sometimes 2 or 3 indoor registration inside the remote controller for no reasons, especially you swapped the remote without doing proper deleting method. And always confirm the registered units via "confirmation switch" clock button and use "Delete switch" to delete unwanted indoor address if needed. All these processes are not taking too much times of yours, why not try it out. It won't take not more than 20 minutes for just 9 Remote controllers I believed.