PDA

View Full Version : Noisy LG inverter

Acrisoft
05-01-2013, 03:27 PM
I am comparing two SPLIT AC regarding their noise.

The one I installed is working fine (not LG).

The one the tech installed is a LG inverter 8500BTU (heat pump).

Sometimes specially during night it does a sound like the motor of parked truck with engine slowly running.

Is this normal behaviour of LG inverter, or may have happened something wrong with installation ?

It's strange LG ads this equipaments as ultra-silent.

Moises

install monkey
05-01-2013, 03:50 PM
most inverter splits sound like a bag of spanners at low frequency,if its within its decibel levels then assume its ok

Greek_engineer
05-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Read below my last post and think about it

"Happy new year to all of you!!

Recently,I faced a problem with an a/c split unit 12000 btu Morris that its compressor causes a lot of noise during the stage in which the circuit board reduces its speed.

The unit is inverter and I suppose that due to non correct communication between outdoor circuit board and the compressor(probably error command of speed)the latter is very noisy; especially at the low level of speed.
Any ideas?"

install monkey
05-01-2013, 05:55 PM
typically a 3.5kw outdoor unit will emit up to 48-50db http://www.gcaudio.com/resources/howtos/loudness.html typical noise examples

charlie patt
06-01-2013, 12:17 AM
not noing your ambient but you are in brazil does it make the noise on heating? they will make some strange noise during df i have found and what series is it we have had d series and c series with the wrong pcbs in and incorrect fequency range

ack940
30-04-2013, 06:08 AM
not noing your ambient but you are in brazil does it make the noise on heating? they will make some strange noise during df i have found and what series is it we have had d series and c series with the wrong pcbs in and incorrect fequency range

I think mine have this problem, it makes a LOT of noise, in heating it's even worse...the technician that came here said it was normal... how can I know if it has the wrong PCB?

Thank you

ack940
30-04-2013, 06:14 AM
I took some pictures: