PDA

View Full Version : LPHW Shut-off from Mitsi Electric AC

cluedodave
03-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Morning All,

I have a quote that has specified that I should use a 5-wire adaptor from each mitsi elec indoor cassette unit to shut off the radiators in each room when the AC is in use. Sounds like a good idea! But, as I have never done this sort of thing before I was wondering how it would work?
I would think that the radiator shut-off valves would be 240v solenoids and even if I connected them through a relay, that would require a 240v supply, also.

How do I get my low voltage control signal to switch either the relay or the solenoid on and off?

stufus
03-01-2013, 01:59 PM
A PAC-SA88HA Will give you a 12v run indication from the control board , use this to switch a relay and the relay to switch your solenoids .You will obviously need an independent power source to supply the solenoids and be sure to fuse the 12v from the unit to protect the board.
Cheers
Stu

install monkey
05-01-2013, 09:27 AM
to add to stu's post, don't fit solonoids to a radiator, as the clunk of the solenoid energising will resonate through the radiator, if your going down that route then fit a 2 port,spring return valve, power to open,and doesn't affect flow rates .quieter operation too