PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ways to further my career

Destiny22
29-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Hi there ,
I need a bit of advice on how to further my career
I have 3.5 years on the tools and at the moment work more or less exclusively on vrf systems at the moment mitsi electric ,heavey daikin etc . I also do the odd bit of fridge simple under counter units and display cases for resturants nothing that taxing . I never get to work on anything else though and I feel like I am getting pigeon holed. Are there any practical refrigeration courses that I could do to pick up additional skills on closed control systems or industrial refrigeration

I don't really like the nvq courses as I did a city and guilds 6127 which was a bit of a joke as you can pass the course without even picking up a set of gauges .

install monkey
29-12-2012, 09:27 AM
daikin,mitsi vrv,vrf courses, install,comissioning,additional controls specific to that kit, gets you a few days off work and the training will be relevant to the stuff you work on

cadwaladr
29-12-2012, 10:02 PM
give transport a shot for one hour,you will soon be back in your warm pigeon hole lol!

Magoo
29-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Skull up with books and broaden your knowledge base, then look at technical college courses in therodynamics and diplomas certificates and degrees, then get away from tools and into design, it won't happen over night.

mad fridgie
30-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Lie through you back teeth, at a job interview, learn through experience and Bull Shyte, and join the rest of us experts.

Magoo
31-12-2012, 12:21 AM
MF you crack me up, ya nutter.

mad fridgie
31-12-2012, 06:19 AM
MF you crack me up, ya nutter.

I will take a compliment any which way it comes, have great new years break.

Destiny22
12-01-2013, 12:04 AM
fibbing is okay till you get caught out , i have seen chaps come along and clain to be gret engineers then **** up really basic stuff

mad fridgie
12-01-2013, 06:26 AM
fibbing is okay till you get caught out , i have seen chaps come along and clain to be gret engineers then **** up really basic stuff
And welcome to the refrigeration trade.
Go to uni, get a degree in engineering, get paid to FCUK UP jobs (consultant), and then put the blame on the contractor.
many of the best fridge engineers come the school of hard knocks, and that does mean learning by your mistakes. The art is knowing how to cover or plan when your **** up occurs. because it will!!!
If you do not then you are not doing anything.

Rob White
13-01-2013, 03:45 AM

Where did you do the 6127?

The 6127 is not an NVQ it is only the knowledge part, so dependent
on the place where you went you might only have done classroom learning.

You should have had at least some practical training, I know for a fact it is
done with 50% theory and 50% practical and as a bonus your F-gas aswell.

There is a lot of training out there if you look. There is continuous professional
development (CPD) training in Hydrocarbons (HC), C02, PipeWork & Brazing,
Essential Electrics and Refrigeration Electrics to name a few, they are all relatively
short and available.

Regards

Rob