PDA

View Full Version : VRV 3 heating problem

Goodland
28-12-2012, 12:19 PM
Who here can read and diagnose Service checker report for VRV 3 heat pump RXYQ

so i can email them the report along with the full whats what of the problem and the epic failness of my contractor.

any ideas ?

jonjon
28-12-2012, 09:38 PM
ill have a go at it ......my email address is in my profile. Download my vcard

Goodland
29-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Just sent you the email Thanks :)

And Merry Christmas every one :)

RusBuka
29-12-2012, 01:46 PM
send you privat msg

Goodland
29-12-2012, 03:30 PM
i saw it thank you

i'll just wait till daikin on 4th of Jan or till anyone else have ideas :/

oh and Tip for any one always look up your contractor rather than what system you are selecting to avoid such trouble :(

jonjon
30-12-2012, 09:52 PM
cannot read it it .rar for some reason

The Viking
30-12-2012, 10:06 PM
Jonjon,

Have a look HERE (http://www.rarlab.com/rar_file.htm) and all will become clear.

:cool:

Goodland
31-12-2012, 07:18 AM
jonjon i will send you the unrared shortly thanks :)

cool#9
04-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Hello
What's the problem anyway?
Cool#9

Goodland
05-01-2013, 03:22 PM
The system leaked refrigerant in the summer due to from one flare nut, and apparently the Field engineer didn't vacuum the system properly after he charged it with nitrogen for leak test as a result when heating season came the system failed to heat with HP step down control, now what they done vacuum the system again recharged it with 20.5KG of new 410 Honeywell, but they don't have the on built plan so they don't know the exact lengths of the pipes so they are adjusting the refrigerant according to the service report.

the system fails to reach set points sometimes pumping cold air, liquid indoor temps drop to 26, 25, the problem is when the indoor EV closes down before the set point the system losses its heating capacity.

as well as the report shows HP step down and inv discharge step down.

Please have a look and recommend a solution to this problem

We have a VRV3 High cop RXYHQ 16 from RXYQ8P8W1B By two

running on indoors
FXSQ 125
FXSQ 125
FXFQ 80
FXFQ 63
FXFQ 63
FXFQ 50

on BRC15D2 for each indoor

anybody wants that report can drop me a msg or suggest how i can mass post it here

Thanks for the help

cool#9
05-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Hi Goodland
As i understand you've use the automatic charge, i don't like it in winter condition, i think you'd rather mesure the liquid pipe lengh.
I would also suggest to check the pressure sensor -2 lp 2 hp- mesuring the vdc, compare to service checker and also by the manifold.
I don' t know what you mean when you say the indoor eev are close at the setpoint ? You may find 200 pls at least so check if the guy before has enterred 50 codes to close the eev at setpoint, this maybe lead to hp triping.
Good luck
Cool#9

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

AbsoluteWDJ
06-01-2013, 01:40 PM
The system leaked refrigerant in the summer due to from one flare nut, and apparently the Field engineer didn't vacuum the system properly after he charged it with nitrogen for leak test as a result when heating season came the system failed to heat with HP step down control, now what they done vacuum the system again recharged it with 20.5KG of new 410 Honeywell, but they don't have the on built plan so they don't know the exact lengths of the pipes so they are adjusting the refrigerant according to the service report.

the system fails to reach set points sometimes pumping cold air, liquid indoor temps drop to 26, 25, the problem is when the indoor EV closes down before the set point the system losses its heating capacity.

as well as the report shows HP step down and inv discharge step down.

Please have a look and recommend a solution to this problem

We have a VRV3 High cop RXYHQ 16 from RXYQ8P8W1B By two

running on indoors
FXSQ 125
FXSQ 125
FXFQ 80
FXFQ 63
FXFQ 63
FXFQ 50

on BRC15D2 for each indoor

anybody wants that report can drop me a msg or suggest how i can mass post it here

Thanks for the help

I would recover the refrigerant back to factory charge which looking at the service manual is 7.7kg each (15.4kg total). I would then carry out auto-charge function with a gauge line connected to both auto charge ports. Make sure indoor airflow isn't restricted before carrying out auto-charge function. Follow the step by step instructions in installation manual for auto charge. Record the amount of additional charge. Carry out test run. Then operate fan coils in heating. The system won't carry out cooling auto charge if outdoor ambient is below 0c or indoor ambient is below 10c.

Just one other note. When reclaiming, pressure testing or evacuating the system needs to be in refrigerant recovery mode (set from outdoor unit). If this isn't carried out, you run the risk of trapping nitrogen or moisture in the system.

install monkey
06-01-2013, 01:44 PM
to add to absolutewdj, drive open levs to recover all refrigerant, pressure test to prove all is ok, evacuate system then roughly work out length of piperun so you can charge approx. 3/4 of the charge prior to starting auto charge-will speed things up,and youll have time to do this during the pressure test and vaccing

Goodland
09-01-2013, 12:46 PM
i checked the manual it says, Auto charge will work if indoor temps are between 20-30 ??? is there a way around this or i should work out the exact length of liquid and calculate ?

oh and is there a way to Flush the network with nitrogen if yes how ? and is it recommended

AbsoluteWDJ
13-01-2013, 09:54 AM
i checked the manual it says, Auto charge will work if indoor temps are between 20-30 ??? is there a way around this or i should work out the exact length of liquid and calculate ?

oh and is there a way to Flush the network with nitrogen if yes how ? and is it recommended

Installation manual I have states the following for auto-charge

Outdoor temperature : 0°C DB~43°C DB
Indoor temperature : 10°C DB~32°C DB

Total indoor unit capacity : =>80%

RusBuka
15-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Dude you have checker and soft. With that stuff you can charge systems without calculating pipes.