PDA

View Full Version : candy: how to remove thermostat cover

davem
23-12-2012, 12:47 PM
I can't work out how to remove the plastic thermostat cover on a candy fridge/freezer: CFBC 3050 AK

davem
25-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Just to add some more info to my original post. The fridge is an 18-month old Candy built-in fridge/freezer. I'm referring to the assembly in the fridge that holds the thermostat, light and door switch. If I lever it a couple of mm away from the the fridge wall with a screwdriver, I can see a square cross-section peg going into the fridge wall, and the wall starting to bulge out as if it's about to break. There's nothing obvious to unclip or unscrew.

My reason for wanting to do this is that fridge is regulating itself to 10C, even at the highest thermostat setting (i.e. when it goes above that temperature the motor comes on, and it goes off again when 10C is reached). So I suspect the thermostat needs replacing.

tonto33
25-12-2012, 03:24 PM
remove light cover and should be screw there and then at top end near door switch should be another screw normally behind plastic white cover

install monkey
25-12-2012, 05:25 PM
does the fridge cool well ?? could be short of gas, dirty condenser,choking capillary
Just to add some more info to my original post. The fridge is an 18-month old Candy built-in fridge/freezer. I'm referring to the assembly in the fridge that holds the thermostat, light and door switch. If I lever it a couple of mm away from the the fridge wall with a screwdriver, I can see a square cross-section peg going into the fridge wall, and the wall starting to bulge out as if it's about to break. There's nothing obvious to unclip or unscrew.

My reason for wanting to do this is that fridge is regulating itself to 10C, even at the highest thermostat setting (i.e. when it goes above that temperature the motor comes on, and it goes off again when 10C is reached). So I suspect the thermostat needs replacing.

davem
28-12-2012, 10:07 PM
remove light cover and should be screw there and then at top end near door switch should be another screw normally behind plastic white cover
There's a screw near the back by the light bulb, but the rest of the cover is a single moulding with no sign of a screw cover. I have a suspicion that after removing the one screw, that the whole cover might slight forwards, but shows no sign of wanting to do so after moderate pressure was applied.

davem
28-12-2012, 10:12 PM
does the fridge cool well ?? could be short of gas, dirty condenser,choking capillary

The freezer cools fine: it's at about -20C; the fridge cools quickly, but stops once it reaches 10C; i.e.: leave the door open for a few minutes (temp rises above 10C), hear the compressor coming on; close door, wait for compressor to switch off, and fridge has goen back down to 10C. Of the condensation on the back wall of the fridge: the top half is frozen and the bottom half is liquid. This cutting off at 10C is why I suspect the thermostat.

install monkey
28-12-2012, 10:27 PM
link the stat to see if it reaches temperature
The freezer cools fine: it's at about -20C; the fridge cools quickly, but stops once it reaches 10C; i.e.: leave the door open for a few minutes (temp rises above 10C), hear the compressor coming on; close door, wait for compressor to switch off, and fridge has goen back down to 10C. Of the condensation on the back wall of the fridge: the top half is frozen and the bottom half is liquid. This cutting off at 10C is why I suspect the thermostat.

davem
28-12-2012, 11:08 PM
what does "link the stat" mean?

tonto33
29-12-2012, 08:31 AM
should slide forwards towards back wall of fridge, if you not sure what u doing get fridge tech to look at it

install monkey
29-12-2012, 09:05 AM
2 wires on your thermostat live in(supply) and live out( to compressor) by unplugging these off the stat and pushing the spade connections together and switching the fridge on, bit of insulation tape as a safety precaution:) and comfirm that your fridge gets below 10deg- if it doesn't get down to near 2 deg then its gas charge/failing compressor, this will prove if the stat is faulty or if its something more costly
what does "link the stat" mean?

tonto33
29-12-2012, 07:54 PM
my sure if going to link the stat that you unplug it 1st or film youself getting shock so we can all have laff