PDA

View Full Version : Suction Accumulator

Drew
18-12-2012, 06:17 AM
I have an AC system running on 134a which trips on LP every now and again. While running I noticed a frost line develop from the suction accumulator to the compressor, but not upstream on the SA. The only place i can measure suction pressure is between the SA and compressor and this is running low (-8C) . Before I reclaim and fit an access valve on the main suction to see whether there is a pressure drop across the SA I was wondering if there would be a sieve in the SA which could be blocked? causing the suction to drop and tripping the system on LP?
Thanks in advance.

Royal241
18-12-2012, 11:58 PM
is the accumulator new and shiny? reverse it, or replace and make some money while doing it

tvrao
20-12-2012, 08:07 AM
I have also faced similar kind of problem on a dryer running with 134a. SA to compressor was getting chilled, evaporator to SA is normal to warm & txv to evaporator is freezing. the machine is tripping on low pressure (measured on suction line & is really true)

concluded and decided to change the txv

regards

Drew
18-01-2013, 07:55 AM
I found the evap to be in efficient due to a capacitor reading half it's rating slowing the fan down causing flood back.

Royal241
20-01-2013, 01:06 AM
good catch