PDA

View Full Version : Installing the condenser unit near a gas hot water system.

donthinkdoo
17-12-2012, 07:30 AM
For years I've been told that we are not allowed to install the condenser unit near a hot water system. Does anybody know where i can find that information in the codes of practice? I've just had a look at the AUS/NZ Refrigerant code of practice 2007, but all i could find is: 5.20 "Refrigerant tubing must not be exposed to external sources of excessive heat such as furnace rooms or boilers." That is pretty vague in terms of a domestic situation. I've been told 1.8mtrs away for a source of ignition, but that doesn't seem right, contactors and relays are a source of ignition? Any info would be appreciated.:)

install monkey
05-01-2013, 11:32 AM
in uk the regs relate to the flue location including clearances- ive got a daikin condenser 2ft away from the flue outlet- no issues with corrosion

install monkey
05-01-2013, 11:53 AM
had a sparky ranting and kicking off once as we sited a 10kw condenser on brackets within 8 inches of a 4 inch soil pipe- he was shouting " you daft c**t you cant site it there, you'll melt the soil pipe!!!":D

sinewave
07-01-2013, 05:49 PM
I believe 600mm in any direction of a flue is the minimum.

We sited a DF Condensor 525mm away from a Gas Flue and 9 months later got asked to return to site as British Gas had switched off one of the Clients Boilers as their Engineer had measured the distance and wapped a Do Not Use sticker on it and would not re-energise until we'd sorted it. :confused:

We had to completely re-site it at our own costs as there was fek all more to eek out in that position! :mad:

install monkey
07-01-2013, 07:32 PM
http://specifiers.vectorgas.co.nz/ventilation-flueing/flue-termination-clearance.php guide to flue clearances