PDA

View Full Version : daikin REYQ16M8W1B inverter compressor not running?

2TORR
14-12-2012, 09:32 PM
evening all

(posting on a friday night! man i must be getting old! :rolleyes:)

back after some time in the wilderness new firm...new username... but same old daikin..tut

got sent to a job today where a previous engineer had (very) recently reclaimed and re-gassed
on a REYQ16M8W1B/r410a/factory charge:14.6kgs..approx another 5kgs by mr previous...?? he claimed it needed another 2.5kgs thats why it was underperforming?

got to site and found all cassettes with poor off coil temps (average) across all 8 indoor units
about 25c in full heating(bank full of women!)
was informed "mr previous" had put a quote in for new inverter board/compressor the day before,after the re-gas.

checked ohms and to ground (using multimeter)on all 3 comps and was confident there were no issues with all 3,nothing glaringly obvious id say.

put gauges on at service ports an left them on for 30mins and got 25bar/360psi HP and 7bar/100psi LP suggesting it was a bit short and all controllers had E4 when pressing test button.

considering it was cold and wet i saw no frosting on condensing coil,usually bottom half isnt it?then defros

so i'm guessing an obvious undercharge or a leak still present in system?

heres the stumper for me...i understand the inverter comp1(going from left to right in unit) will start up on first load through the inverter board and do its thing,then the following comp2 will come in on more demand and so forth to comp 3?

also when on site only middle compressor was running and inverter comp idle? but no fault/outdoor safety activated like the older daikins(E0) when there I-boards went down?

due to it pissing down with ice cold rain and fading light and 400v i beat i hasty retreat...
daikin tech closed till monday,god bless them:p

if anyone could point me in the direction of service manuals/settings or any info on troubleshooting them dam inverter boards i would be much obliged...

ta

RusBuka
14-12-2012, 09:44 PM
How much impuls on EEV 1-2 in outdoor unit? Same in indoor units... What loading in HZ of comressor, SC Sh and discharge SH

2TORR
14-12-2012, 09:58 PM
like i said it was getting dark and raining only did a few checks..the EEV's were working because the 1/4" distributor pipe-work onto the outdoor coil was frosting?

install monkey
14-12-2012, 10:01 PM
maybe disabled inverter comp on setting modes on outdoor

2TORR
14-12-2012, 10:13 PM
monkey you might be onto something there..
common sense prevails again,will check that out m8.

ta

frank
14-12-2012, 10:18 PM
I would agree with Monkey...check that the system is not programmed in Emergency Mode, which will inhibit the inverter compressor and give you the under performing readings you are seeing.
Cheaper and quicker than reclaiming the charge.

install monkey
14-12-2012, 10:22 PM
for the records- Im not mr previous:)

2TORR
14-12-2012, 10:32 PM
ha-ha
ta mr monkey
ta mr moderator

sounds spot on....tedious internet search for manuals begins....

mr p does worry me though!

install monkey
14-12-2012, 10:39 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?b7aivrc5cs73f7t

2TORR
14-12-2012, 11:13 PM
much obliged m8

ta

ballvalve
21-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Daikin app on the iPhone is pretty handy for faults etc ..

jeepinarnie
25-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I have the manuals for these units in PDF format, Email me and I will send them over. If your unit is independent,ie not linked to any other condensing units then the only reason the inverter compressor is not running is because it has been programmed out, if the previous engineer has done this due to inverter comp failure, probably mechanically failed but still reads clear on winding and down to earth. This is the only way you will get D.O.L comps to run before the inverter compressor.