PDA

View Full Version : discharge superheat & condenser approach temperature

darkvengeance84
07-12-2012, 04:00 AM
hi all,
i have a chiller log here with me and i'm analyzing it.in my opinion the condenser approach temperature and the discharge superheat is too high.Im a junior engineer in a facility management company.
1.i would like to hear your opinions and what is the troubleshooting to do about it.
2.maybe you guys can comment more on the other readings that i got
thx in advance

moideen
08-12-2012, 04:24 AM
hi,welcome to Re.at present have you any alarm on display board?

darkvengeance84
12-12-2012, 06:07 AM
thx for your respond.sorry for the late respond because im at the moment attending a course.there are alarms on the display board and i'm waiting for the list from my technicians..i will try to list it down a.s.a.p

Gibbo
12-12-2012, 06:43 PM
Where did you read Discharge Superheat of over 52 F as your discharge temp minus your saturated discharge temp equates to less than 21 F discharge superheat ?
Subcool looks ok, but why is your liquid line temp higher than SCT ?
Condenser approach is not too bad.

darkvengeance84
27-12-2012, 07:26 AM
@moideen : alarm on display board : under voltage dan low cooler.

@gibbo : Everything was read by the technician from the display board.
Regarding liquid line temp higher than SCT : what should i troubleshoot?
condenser approach : to me it is quite high (>10F). would be nice if you can explain why you think it is not too bad?

Steve186
24-01-2013, 11:50 PM
Hello mate First of all when you logged the system performance I take it you was running both ckts up at 100% fla as your evap delta t is 6.7'c and a pinch of 1.3'c if so then ckt a is running with a dsh of 12.2'c sub cooling of 5.3'c which is fine these chiller operate the Exv using dsh which is set at 12.2'c within the pro controller also it uses mop and pinch ie sat suction temp - leaving chw temp to control Exv Your condenser approach is way to high at 10.9'c maximum approach at 100% fla should be around 3.0'c looking at your logs with a entering condense temp of 31.4'c I would expect a higher discharge pressure recommend you check your pressure transducers against your service gauges and re calibrate via pro dialog also always take actual pressures and temps your self and not from display hope this helps also password for service is 11 on pro dial log and 2222 or 3333 for new 30xa chillers and 1111 for 30gh chillers