PDA

View Full Version : 19 XRV VFD cooling

meatpie
04-12-2012, 03:20 PM
HI

can someone please explain a bit more in detail (manual not giving me answers as to how the VFD cooling works on this chiller. Its the standard VFD with refrigerant line coming from condenser through an inline filter then piped into and out of VFD where i thought orifice was then to solenoid valve and back to evap vessel. I had and inverter over temp alarm and when i checked the cooling circuit out i noticed i had a large temperature drop across the solenoid valve. when i checked the manual it is saying that there is an orifice at the solenoid valve which is after the VFD. This all makes no sense to me as i thought the orifice would be before the VFD.

I reset the chiller and monitored VFD temp at 46* Celsius. Cut out is around 80* Celsius.

I am also experiencing what sounds similar to surge though i'm not getting surge alarms and the hot gas bypass isn't activating to my knowledge. The sound isn't as loud as surging i'v heard from other chillers I'll get some temps and pressures if need be. This is happening on low load and ECWT of 28* Celsius. Cond approach is less than 2* Celsius.

Cheers for your any help.