PDA

View Full Version : Fridge is too warm

B21playa
03-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi

I have a 2yer old diplomat apm6012 integrated fridge freezer.

Freezer seems ok, but fridge is around 14deg

I can't see any vents etc so no idea how its cooled for the life of me

Any ideas?

frank
03-12-2012, 09:05 PM
The first thing to do in cases such as this is to empty the fridge/freezer, unplug it and leave the doors open for 2 whole days to ensure that it has defrosted.

Over a period of 2 years, incomplete defrosts and excessive ingress of moisture can allow frost/ice to build up and block the duct between the freezer and fridge section (if you only have one compressor)

Before you start to investigate other defects/problems, you need to be confident that you are not dealing with a blocked duct and have a clear evaporator.

Bit of a bummer I know but a necessary step.

B21playa
03-12-2012, 09:56 PM
Hi Frank

I defrosted it yesterday.

I can't seem to see the duct between fridge and freezer (single compressor).

In my other fridge, there are grills in the fridge compartment, but in the diplomat one, its just a plastic panel.

At the back of the freezer there is a panel, which cover 2 pipes coming in, these change from copper to white coated, and then are run above the 3 shelves separately.

I can take pictures if required.

Thanks in advance

The first thing to do in cases such as this is to empty the fridge/freezer, unplug it and leave the doors open for 2 whole days to ensure that it has defrosted.

Over a period of 2 years, incomplete defrosts and excessive ingress of moisture can allow frost/ice to build up and block the duct between the freezer and fridge section (if you only have one compressor)

Before you start to investigate other defects/problems, you need to be confident that you are not dealing with a blocked duct and have a clear evaporator.

Bit of a bummer I know but a necessary step.

B21playa
03-12-2012, 10:01 PM
This is how evaporator looks like

http://image.made-in-china.com/4f0j00ivlaCZtjCGgd/WOT-Evaporator-Wire-Tube-Evaporator-Refrigerator-Evaporator-.jpg

tbowes
04-12-2012, 05:41 AM
Have you checked the thermister (electronic module)?

B21playa
04-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Have you checked the thermister (electronic module)?

How can I check this? Measure resistance?

drewmax
17-12-2012, 06:41 AM
I have the same problem. I'm planning to buy a new one, any suggestion? My fridge broke, and I knew that meant I did not have much time until my food went negative.