PDA

View Full Version : VRV Leak daikin rxyq 12p7w1b

...CooLMan...
02-12-2012, 11:05 AM
Hello there,

I found a leak on a VRV III,rxyq 12p7w1b (2 units are linked). I've opened all the valves and recovered all the refrigerant. The system has lost 5Kg from its 30kg charge. I've fixed the leak and the system has been left on pressure over the weekend. I'm going to charge with virgin R410A.

Do I need to worry about loss of oil in the system during recovery process of the refrigerant?

I've also been told that I should add some refrigerant before I close the valves on the system. I'm not sure about this. I was just going to vac it, close the valves and then charge the system. Anybody got any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance.

install monkey
02-12-2012, 11:17 AM
power all the valves open via setting mode 2 on the outdoor during reclaim,pressure test and vaccing. setting 21 needs enabling

...CooLMan...
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I've opened the valves by pressing BS2 "set" 21 times. Is that what you mean by "setting 21 needs enabling"?

When the vac is done I think I'm just need to press BS1 "mode" button to close the valves and then charge the system. Does that sound right?

Will everything start up as normal or do I have to go through test mode?

install monkey
02-12-2012, 01:01 PM
yep ur right with the pressing 21 times then return once you've got as much gas in as possible- you wont need to do the wiring check but vrv 3 have auto charge function where it will decide if the calculated charge is correct

...CooLMan...
02-12-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks Install Monkey. I thought I might damage something adding the refrigerant without closing the valves.
Thanks for your help. I'll post tomorrow with my results.

Cheers.

install monkey
02-12-2012, 01:36 PM
speeds up charging- as for the oil loss- ive had a 48hp vrv2 with 2 refnets fracture and subsequently 40kg of gas lost with oil on each occasion- still working now without any addition of oil.

...CooLMan...
02-12-2012, 01:44 PM
Nice 1.
Thanks for the quick replies. Hopefully I'm not going to try your patience over the coming months. I've got a feeling I'm gong to be on here a lot. The website is an amazing place for info and assistance.

install monkey
02-12-2012, 01:47 PM
beware this site is addictive!! I only browsed on here 5yr ago and im still here!:o
Nice 1.
Thanks for the quick replies. Hopefully I'm not going to try your patience over the coming months. I've got a feeling I'm gong to be on here a lot. The website is an amazing place for info and assistance.

...CooLMan...
02-12-2012, 01:54 PM
Hahah...Cheers mate..!

...CooLMan...
03-12-2012, 10:31 PM
OK, where to start!

No it wasn't that bad..System had held pressure ok. I triple vac'd it. It took 14 kilos and stopped. I then tried to push the refrigerant in with my recovery unit but it kept tripping out on HP (the recovery unit). Stated to run it in cooling but the office space was so cold it wouldn't start up. and I couldn't get it to heat the room as it was restricted on the itouch to 24 degrees. In the end I had to fool some of the return air thermisters and force it into cooling.
I tried setting 20 (suggested by daikin i think it was forced start) on the outdoor unit but couldnt get the compressor to run.

Please tell me there was an easier way?

Cheers

RusBuka
03-12-2012, 10:47 PM
1. Never use a auto charge function.
2. Never use a auto charge function.
3. See points 1 and 2

p.s. Refills can be controlled by opening valves EEV, load compressor, overheating, overcooling, impulse of EEV of evaporators indoor units. But certainly for stupid gas station ...

damn i`m sow poor in English, and cant tell another bad words...

...CooLMan...
03-12-2012, 11:01 PM
hmmnnnn?

All valves open and I didn't use auto charge.