PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Toshiba Aircon No Heat

Keironjump
30-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Hi Guys, im new here and really came looking for some expert advice and help.

I have a Toshiba Air con inverter outdoor unit and Toshiba indoor unit System model HFC R410A.

What i get is the unit randomly will stop producing heat (still in heat Mode) and stop blowing altogether.

Even if i am in another mode say auto with temp sett to 20 it just will not come on. this can be like this for days and then suddenly it will kick back in and heat up to temp ( if i have left it on or even if i switch it back on)

Really there is no pattern to what its doing. hence random.

The remote has had new batteries etc and the indoor unit is showing a steady green power light and nothing else.

occasionally the Pre def will come on and it may or may not start heating depending on how it feels :/

i went back to the manual and cant find anything.

so 2 weeks ago i called in a company to check it out, typically it started working perfect, so the engineer did a pressure test and said it was perfect so not indicating any leaks etc.

it cooled, it heated!!!

now yesterday it started again and all it will do is cool no heat what so ever, no flashy lights just the steady green, the control remote will switch between modes.

the only noticeable thing is the outdoor units stops when it does this.

please help and any advice welcomed

Many thanks in advance

keiron

jonjon
30-11-2012, 05:53 PM
had a similer fault myself with a tosh long story short the dip switches on the outdoor were abit iffy

Keironjump
30-11-2012, 06:31 PM
cheers, can you give me a bit more of a description what im looking for?

Airconjon
01-12-2012, 11:01 AM
If the gas is fine could be reversing valve ? Pcb indoor or outdoor ... Reset the power and set too cooling test the temp coming off the indoor evap should be low single figures .. Turn off at mains reset put on heating repeat temp check should be high 80s ... Take large hammer to reversing valve lol

Keironjump
01-12-2012, 12:22 PM
If the gas is fine could be reversing valve ? Pcb indoor or outdoor ... Reset the power and set too cooling test the temp coming off the indoor evap should be low single figures .. Turn off at mains reset put on heating repeat temp check should be high 80s ... Take large hammer to reversing valve lol

thats what the engineer did, and it tested fine.

worked for couple week then just stopped heating.

i managed to get it going this morning for about a hour after repeatedly turning on and off.

but then stopped again.

:(

Keironjump
01-12-2012, 01:47 PM
ok i have just taken the covers off the outside unit.

located DIP switch as stated above, then ive performed this as per manual:

some text changed as manual refers to both ceiling and standard systems.

Turn off power of the unit.

Remove the adjuster attached with sensors from the ceiling panel. For removing, refer to the Installation
manual attached to the ceiling panel. (Be careful to handle the adjuster because cables are connected to
the sensor.) Remove the sensor cover from the adjuster. (1 screw)

2 Change ON of Bit [1: TEST] of the sensor P.C. board switch [S003] to OFF.

Turn on power of the unit.

3 Push ON / OFF button on the wireless remote controller and select [COOL] or [HEAT] operation
mode using MODE button.

(All the display lamps of sensors on the wireless remote controller flash during Test Run.)
• Do not perform Test Run operation in other modes than [HEAT] / [COOL] mode.
• Detection of error is performed as usual.
4 After Test Run operation, push ON / OFF button to stop the operation.
5 Turn off power of the unit.
Return Bit [1] of the sensor P.C. board switch [S003] to the original position. (ON → OFF)

during what i think is the test run the fan started straight away and the pre def on the indoor unit cam on.

it then started to blow heat, What i did notice is that the auto fan setting seem to work because the temp inside was low and the outdoor unit revved up.

i then tried the manual fan setting and it also worked, previously the auto didn't appear to be doing anything.

here is a pic of the switch and i moved switch 1.

i ran in heat mode for about 10 minutes then switched to cooling for 10 minutes then back to heat.

all seem to work fine, so i re sett the 1 swtich back to off as it was.

now nothing again?

thoughts?

install monkey
01-12-2012, 01:55 PM
check ur e mail

Keironjump
01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Cheers Install monkey, sent reply.

install monkey
01-12-2012, 04:14 PM
page 84 outdoor fault diagnosis- if indoor shows no fault