PDA

View Full Version : Dixell Xweb 500 network issue

ronaldo9
29-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Hi Guys,

Im trying to set up a dixell xweb 500 to allow access through the internet. I set up the controller orginally and allowed staff to access it via there own local network. We have been using a dial up connection for monitoring purposes. For security reasons we cant access their local network via the internet. The solution is a seperate broadband router, which has been solely used for access to camera systems. (using port 80 of course :mad:)

My issue is that i cannot access the xweb when i change the IP address, so i have it as 192.168.1.100 , when i ping the 500 it just says "host destination unreachable" , the settings are

IP ADDRESS 192.168.1.100
SUBNET MASK 255.255.255.0
GATEWAY 192.168.1.255

I rang Frigotech but they werent sure of the IT side of things, i have tried accessing the xweb locally as well as through the router but no luck. Any Ideas or has anyone set these up before. Ive set up RDM data managers before with no problems so the port forwarding and everything is ok, its just the IP address assigned to the xweb doesnt work and yet the local LAN IP address i assigned to it will work on there local network,

thanks