PDA

View Full Version : Squeaky VCV cassete

...CooLMan...
25-11-2012, 02:31 PM
Hi,
I'm in my first year at college being thrown in at the deep end. My boss is short of staff and sending me on call outs. I know that this is probably a fast way to learn and gain confidence but some points in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

I was sent to an office building to investigate a squeaky cassette. On arrival the noise had stopped and the office staff had presumed it was switched off. I stopped/started the unit and adjusted the fan speed. No noise. ?? . I'm baffled, could it be bearings in the fan motor?

My boss just wants me to replace the fan motor.

Thanks

install monkey
25-11-2012, 03:35 PM
louvre motors can squeek, drain pump? also fan motor would squeek constantly, had it before on old mitsi where the foil sticker was catching on the back of the impellor causing noise, also a screwed rod not under tension can rattle. good luck

...CooLMan...
25-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Thanks, gonna try and get there for the morning start up to try and catch the noise in action.

Cheers

Brian_UK
25-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Could also be a squeaky condensate pump that is remote or sat on top of the unit.

May only run up when there is condensate to pump away.

...CooLMan...
26-11-2012, 06:22 AM
Cheers Brian.

...CooLMan...
02-12-2012, 09:48 AM
Visited site a number of times through the week. The noise has gone. Nobody is complaining so I'm gonna leave it alone.

Thanks for the tips

install monkey
02-12-2012, 09:50 AM
ive been called out to a noisy air con in an office- turned out to be the printer!!!!:D

Brian_UK
02-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Visited site a number of times through the week. The noise has gone. Nobody is complaining so I'm gonna leave it alone.

Thanks for the tipsAs they say - "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." :)