PDA

View Full Version : tk v200 max seized comp

charlie patt
22-11-2012, 08:29 PM
went to a v200 max tc, on a sixty plate 67000 miles from new on aa 115 traffic this has just been purhased by customer and has just seized another comp removed comp which does not look that old and no oil in dry as a chip? any faults common to these ? comp is fried and dry its the engine comp . fr compartment running minus 20 rear plus 3 has stby but customer not been useing it which may be the issue when i pull of stby comp and find it to full of oil any ideas ta charlie

djbe
23-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Oil separator return blocked?

cadwaladr
23-11-2012, 08:09 PM
sounds like that.could be kinked did you change the other compressor? has it got other issues that could cause it to pump its oil out tx valve drier,but would check the sep but its not a common prob only if its not been flushed and has some contamination.

charlie patt
23-11-2012, 09:13 PM
no our customer has just bought it and i have just removed it...... not had time to fit new one to run and sea whats going on will fit drier and suction filter and its on the flusher now but comp totally empty of oil

djbe
24-11-2012, 01:39 AM
Can't see what it could be except point finger at separator. Hubbard or gash pumping oil, but tk?? u ain't got got anything else to consider but the sep. or the comp. was fitted with no oil?

vtmpnate
24-11-2012, 03:45 AM
You said that the system is equipped with electric standby. Could the standby solenoid valve be malfunctioning and diverting refrigerant and oil to the standby compressor?

cadwaladr
24-11-2012, 03:47 AM
maybe some muppet fitted it to sell the vehicle,but being fitted without oil i guess it would only last for minutes if that long!

djbe
24-11-2012, 05:32 PM
maybe some muppet fitted it to sell the vehicle,but being fitted without oil i guess it would only last for minutes if that long!

You might be surprised how long they can last, I change one last month that was noisy. When I drained the "oil" it was mostly water! I have no idea how the water ended up there, all I know is the compressor had been changed about 9 months previously by another party.

djbe
24-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Out of interest Charlie what are you using as a flushing machine?

charlie patt
25-11-2012, 06:59 PM
a vauxhall omega electric fuel pump with a float switch on the holding tank plenty of pressure..... if the cleaning agent runs out....... it switches itself of we pull the comps of and tevs and useually check valves if transport open up the mag valves the tank hold 5 lts we put it going and about 3 hrs later that system will be clean as a whistle clean the sives in the tank and ready for next time i did but a purpose built machine runns of nitro not a patch on the home made version

djbe
25-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Sounds good, what flushing solution?

cadwaladr
25-11-2012, 08:05 PM
could you use a carrier style pump?post a pic charlie

charlie patt
26-11-2012, 07:51 PM
post a pic? that will take time whos payeing he he/ the reason i use a car fuel pump is its built for petrol ie flamable and some of the endoflush we use is flamable or it used t be but i will check on the new stuff we got i tried a tk pump first and it started smokeing took it apart and the endoflush had done its job

djbe
27-11-2012, 07:40 PM
How do you get on with Endoflush, I have never used it but not heard good things, residue doesn't evaporate off properly?

Have used pro flush which works really well but only really good for flushing piperuns.

charlie patt
27-11-2012, 07:59 PM
never had much of a issue but i do flush it well..... then nitrogen everything well and vac the hell out of it and change the driers in about a week the tk may well be dead its broke up real bad both evaps are black orifices like tar and a sight glass you cant sea in the oil sep is like a metal scrapyard drainded the oil out of standby and to much in there and thats like treacal had to poke it with a welding rod to get oil out its a bit of a mess

djbe
27-11-2012, 08:19 PM
the tk may well be dead its broke up real bad both evaps are black orifices like tar and a sight glass you cant sea in the oil sep is like a metal scrapyard drainded the oil out of standby and to much in there and thats like treacal had to poke it with a welding rod to get oil out its a bit of a mess

Sounds like a scrapper unless your customer has bottomless pockets and is very understanding. Explaining the costs involved in a proper clean up is always the one where they think you are taking the pee!