PDA

View Full Version : display case temp alarms

shark26
10-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Hello.

I need to fit individual temp alarms to all of our display cases. As we have around 500 (for hire) of these the solution would need to be cost effective. Any ideas

slingblade
10-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Visual or audible? what are the existing controls?

Peter_1
10-01-2006, 07:21 PM
A good day to you Shark.

Install a cheap stand alone alarm with LCD display (Min en max are also stored in some ) for +/- 10 to 15 €.

shark26
11-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Hello peter 1.
That is the idea i was thinking about. Any ideas on what type and where to get them. I think a Min / Max would be a good idea as they go onto defrost every 4 Hrs. If the store / shop is warm then the temp can start to rise a bit. Would the Min/Max solve this problem. (defrost last for about 15mins.

Slingblade. Thanks for reply, The alarm could be either or both. As long as we can supply an alarm it dosent matter.

The controls are very simple. On / off switch and defrost timer. Thats it.

slingblade
11-01-2006, 03:10 PM
So you want something cheap like this then?

http://www.hawco.co.uk/results_partcode.asp

look for the min max lcd thermometer. 325-371 p34

chillin out
11-01-2006, 07:29 PM
You will have to fit a controller that knows when it is on defrost. Best bet is to fit a dixell controller and run the case of that as well.

Chillin:) :)

Peter_1
11-01-2006, 08:56 PM
Don't laugh but I still have here in a cupboard +/- 10 units which i bought once in the Aldi.
Paid 5 €/piece (some years ago) in the past.
The technicians allways had one in their vans to sell them to the customers.

You couldn't imagine how many we sold of it.

I have an address where i can probably find some cheap. You need 500 pcs?
Will take some days.

slingblade
11-01-2006, 09:28 PM
Don't laugh but I still have here in a cupboard +/- 10 units which i bought once in the Aldi.
Paid 5 €/piece (some years ago) in the past.
The technicians allways had one in their vans to sell them to the customers.

You couldn't imagine how many we sold of it.

I have an address where i can probably find some cheap. You need 500 pcs?
Will take some days.

lol:D :D i thought Netto was the best value .

Cofreth
12-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Do you need a system to monitor a high temp alarm for 24 hour a day to activate after office hour standby personal too?

shark26
17-01-2006, 11:07 AM
Hello Cofreth. No the alarm just has to go off.

Hello everyone. many thanks for the replies.

After a few hopurs of looking around WWW. i have found a few products. One very cheap for £9 does min/max and alarm. The other if customer is prepared to pay extra is the Supco TA2-220C. Does any one know a good supplier for these Supco alarms.
Bit lazy of me but i have to do 5 compressors changes today and dont have time..
Once again thanks for all your comments..