PDA

View Full Version : Controls- WinXP and beyond.

Grizzly
18-11-2012, 01:24 PM
I read recently whilst reading about Linux based systems, which i dabble in.

That the mighty Microsoft is loosing it's stranglehold on being the preferred software of choice for
controls software providers.

With the advent of Android being used for so many Apps including their use within our industry.
There is a slow more towards the free apps market based on Linux and others.

Has anyone come across any software links that use systems other than Microsoft XP.
I know Grundfoss now supply Iphone apps for commissioning.

Just wondered if any others are available yet? (software types that is?)

Grizzly

Quality
18-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Software is software I know you Know that. Lets create havoc and control everything with telstar or similar

Grizzly
18-11-2012, 01:48 PM
Software is software I know you Know that. Lets create havoc and control everything with telstar or similar

Cutting edge stuff that my friend!
I would like to stay and chat but I must visit the local Ice rink!
I must read up on LPR systems.
Grizzly

Tesla
19-11-2012, 07:23 AM
I recently came across the Arduino Controller which is the size of a pack of smokes with around 70 IO points/ports. There are many free software programs written and easily available on the net. The thing I like about it is it only costs AUD$130 for the controller. It is being used for mainly domestic purposes at present but that is changing. I know this is the hardware but the software is free.

Grizzly
19-11-2012, 07:45 AM
I recently came across the Arduino Controller which is the size of a pack of smokes with around 70 IO points/ports. There are many free software programs written and easily available on the net. The thing I like about it is it only costs AUD$130 for the controller. It is being used for mainly domestic purposes at present but that is changing. I know this is the hardware but the software is free.

An interesting read Tesla.
Thanks for the input.
I would be interested to learn more, is this something specific to Oz?
Grizzly

Tesla
19-11-2012, 09:10 AM
No this is international - A university was interested in getting a controller off the shelf where students could focus on designing machines instead of all the students having to spend too much time on building a controller. There is a good doco on this controller http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/arduino/ I was so impressed I went and bought one and also bought a wireless card with it .

Grizzly
19-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Thanks again Tesla.
I shall try the link again later as it's a bit sketchy at present.
It definitely seems like worth following up.
Cheers Grizzly