PDA

View Full Version : Screw Chiller commissioning

iceman007
10-01-2006, 03:13 AM
I wondered if anyone had a checklist or form for chiller commissioning. Well to be exact it's actually the water pump in the hydraulic system I need the checklist for, so I can be sure I haven't missed anything out.

Thanks

PS One of our guys had a look at a centrifugal fan on an air handler this morning, and says the airflow is really low. He's checked filters and everything else. I think the motor might be turning in reverse. Any other ideas ??

US Iceman
10-01-2006, 03:21 AM
If the fan does not have inlet dampers I would check the following.

The first point is what you suggested. Fan rotation.

Bad belt conditions (cracked, glazed, etc)

Or, see if the fan has dirt built up in the vanes. I have seen a lot of centrifugal fans that accumulate dirt in the vanes. This can drastically reduce the airflow capability of the fans. It is not however much fun to clean these.

Is the air system a constant volume system or variable volume system?

iceman007
10-01-2006, 03:51 AM
Hi US Iceman

Variable system. The main thing I need your assistance with is commissioning the water (hydraulic system) pump. I guess the main thing is flow and return temps and pressures.

Many Thanks
James

iceman007
10-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Wish I had the time. If you send me the details then maybe it might be worth doing.

iceman007
10-01-2006, 08:20 PM
US ICEMAN

Check your PM's

Brian_UK
11-01-2006, 12:05 AM
Airflow:- Have you checked for dropped fire dampers ?

Water Pump:- Check electrics, check rotation, check valves, check water in system and all air out of system. Get flow data for commissioning valves and design flow rates. Check pump head against pump curve. Check running current. Balance system, record readings.

Now start chiller but only if water flow rate is correct.

al
11-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Had a centrif fan once that had been taken out to change bearings and then put back in upside down , ran for a year and 4 maintenances before it was spotted:eek:

Al

iceman007
11-01-2006, 02:19 AM
Brian thank you.

The only info I need is for the hydraulic pump, because I can't start up until I've got the water flow balanced. That should be fine. Many Thanks for the info.