PDA

View Full Version : Tk reefer Magnum /J15 connector/Remote temperature monitoring

metallica_john2
13-11-2012, 02:52 AM
I am an embedded system developer currently working on a project which will be used for containers. I will be installing our units in containers with TK reefer magnum. Our embedded module has the capability to send data to cloud database,so our unit is required to sense temperature. I have been asked to use J15 connector (plug) of the TK reefer. I did not find any documentation on the reefer neither any additional information on the unit. has anyone else used this J15 connector. If yes, can you please explain the various options available to sense temperature. Our embedded module has various ADC pin available now for this.

Thank you for your time.

carrier_trained
18-11-2012, 07:25 AM
J15 connector is all the sensors for the unit, Ambient, Comp, Cond, Defrost, Return, RH Supply.
I'm guessing you want to tap-into these wires to read sensors?

Perhaps(and i'm hoping someone who knows the sabroe will chime in) you could connect your system to data port and communicate with MP3000 like Star-Trak satellite tracking does with carrier advance micro&TK smart reefer trailer units?

What transmission protocol does your system use? ie hughes transmitter