PDA

View Full Version : Rittal SK3303100 FAULT

Kirky
12-11-2012, 11:12 AM
Hi all

Anyone out there familiar with Rittal enclosure units with basic controller?. I have a unit that is in fault and will not run the compressor. The unit is a Rittal SK3303.100 enclosure cooling unit with basic controller. The controller is showing a constant green and red/fault light. I have had some experience with these controllers and I believe this fault to be High pressure. I have cleaned the unit out but the fault wont reset. I have checked the system standing pressure which is ok. I have made the pressure switch with no change. I have checked out the compressor terminals and windings for faults all ok. I managed to get hold of another controller and when I connected it up fault had cleared. The evap fan started followed by the condenser fan but the comp didnt even try before the unit went into fault. This time the fault light was flashing one on one off ?????. I reset the unit and the initial fault (High Pressure) reappeared. I am now thinking that it could be a problem with the power board. However there arnt any fuses on the board and everything else seems to be working.

r.bartlett
12-11-2012, 01:02 PM
We are approved Rittal UK service agent. The basic controller doesn't really give any help with diagnosis. However TBF it's usually the board as they are a known weak point.

Manual with alarm details here:

http://www.rittal.de/Produkte/ArtikelDatenblatt_frame.asp?sub=brosch&Artnr=3303100&lang=GB&dom=de

Kirky
12-11-2012, 03:33 PM
Cheers for that. I've had a look and can't find what a red led on constantly represents do you have any ideas. Incidentally I called called to another unit today same type and model same problem except this time the Red led is flashing showing a high pressure fault which will reset when I disconnect the power but alarms again just after the condenser fan starts running. The compressor itself does nothing doesnt even try to start. I think I will order a new power board it's only £100 see if replacing that sorts the problem. Strange though the units are behaving exactly the same but showing different red led sequences