PDA

View Full Version : Tesco HT Star pack oil trapped in reciever A LOT

headgasket
08-11-2012, 08:44 PM
:(Hi anyone out there that can help, I have asked around in my area and no one has come across this before, I was called to a HT Tesco Star pack all the indications pointed to low CO2, looked at the bottom sight glass on the receiver, full, on further investigations found that the bottom of the receiver to above the sight glass to be full of oil, this pack has had a lot of oil added in the past.
Could the dip stick be broken or the Ventura blocked stopping the oil return?
I am returning in the morning to site, any ideas how I can get the oil back, topped the pack up the liquid CO2 is floating on top of the oil, now there is a full charge I am hoping it will mix over night and return to the oil sep.

padraic
08-11-2012, 09:23 PM
had a star ht pack taking alot of oil but turned out the no.1 inverter compressor was not set up right and was eating up oil... about once a month it needed oil and as soon as we storted the danfoss inverter it hasnt taken any since

headgasket
09-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Spoke with someone at Star today as I thought, the Ventura is ****ged, need to dump the charge and get into the LPR to fix it, I AM SO GLAD THAT TESCO ARE NOT INVOLED WITH ENERGY PRODUCTION, Can you imagine a nuclear power station built to their cost criteria.

padraic
09-11-2012, 07:38 PM
i asked that question about ventura blocking or going faulty when doing training and he thought i was mad..! but he said even if one blocked or went faulty you stil have 2 more..!

headgasket
10-11-2012, 06:59 AM
From the amount of oil I can see I think there is about 35 lt, I don’t think they have worked since its been installed as I know the comps have always been going out on low oil.

padraic
10-11-2012, 09:03 AM
maybe they didnt fit the orfice in the ventura or wrong size
the pack we were working on took alot of oil but when the inverter compressor was sorted it hasnt taken a drop since.. as far as i can remember the comp was going to fast and throwing out oil and the pack counldnt bring it around quick enough