PDA

View Full Version : HELP! interview tomorrow

pkw111
05-11-2012, 07:13 PM
evening lads,

ive been doing transport and commercial refrigeration plus the odd air conditioning unit (nothing too involved) for 6 years and ive got a interview with mitie tomorrow but the job is only air conditioning. basically i was wondering what sort of things they will ask and weather i will be able to blag my way through it as im by no means an expert but more than capable than working on a/c units, or am i wasting my time!?

cheers paul

Brian_UK
05-11-2012, 10:50 PM
You'll probably breeze through it.

If they need your skills then you should be OK.

Possible questions could be about your knowledge to complying with F-Gas Regs, what is superheat?, can you fault find.

Depending on their needs it might also include your ability to install or remove/move equipment; maybe to change a compressor.

Knowing some of the FM firms be prepared to have many months of cleaning filters and un-blocking toilets.... :)

Good luck with the interview anyway.

james10
05-11-2012, 11:16 PM
Can you clean floors
can you wipe your own ass
can you spell your own name
can you take **** of a spotty 21 year old daddy's boy,
if you answer yes to more than one of the above, I'm afraid to say you are over qualified

Brian_UK
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Can you clean floors
can you wipe your own ass
can you spell your own name
can you take **** of a spotty 21 year old daddy's boy,
if you answer yes to more than one of the above, I'm afraid to say you are over qualified

I didn't want to depress the guy straight away ;) :)

Magoo
06-11-2012, 03:44 AM
Just tell them everything they want to know and agree with everything, the big thing is you can make real coffee.? The biggest pre requirement at 7.30 am in the morning. Double shots at midnight on a call out. Black with one sugar. Plz..

jonjon
06-11-2012, 07:41 PM
you must of done something bad in a past life if you want to work for mitie ! just type in mitie on here and you'll find out how bad they are ! if you like long hours for low pay and talking to walls you'll do fine.where abouts are you ? I cannot think why there taking people on when there have given everybody on national 30 days notice of redundancy :S

pkw111
06-11-2012, 08:23 PM
im in newcastle, i dont really want to work for them just want to get out of doing transport

jonjon
07-11-2012, 06:46 PM
how did it go? did you speak to joanne taylor ?

pkw111
07-11-2012, 10:29 PM
well it wasn't what i was expecting! the interview was with hays recruitment and not actually mitie, just got to wait and see if i actually get an interview with them

jimmyjewfish
16-11-2012, 04:52 AM
l was a ex aircon guy its easy and cruzy give it ago. l am running own aircon business which is even more cruzy sleep ins everyday yahoooo