PDA

View Full Version : FRICK 163S compressor.

abdulazman
08-01-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi everyone,
A dispute arose betwn the factory owner and his engineer. The owner wants to use back the screws,his engineer wants it replaced. To me the damn screws look pretty good. I've discussed with the engineer and showed him every spec from the manuals,he stills insist on replacement. Any suggestion ????? attachment provided.

Any convincing ideas:confused: :confused:

liujunwei
08-01-2006, 10:19 AM
the picture shows just the outside of the screws ,no one know what is wrong inside,maybe you d better post the engineer's reason for replacement!

rpbuenaflor
08-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Yeah, the picture not shows with tear & wear sign but theres a certain tolerance clearances per thou as per the design and manufacturer recommendation.

rudi

Lazarus
08-01-2006, 04:19 PM
The male rotor has been in contact with the bearing housing.... had the bearing failed! what was the cause..... not serviced or was there a problem...
I would have thought this was the suction end.. is it!! all depends really on that answer....
Is there any damage along the rotor vanes ....!!

abdulazman
08-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Absolutely right, suction cover metal sprayed, by the way i've already assemble back the compressor. End clearance 0.0007, turns perfectly smooth. Take off time 1500 hrs this afternoon. :( the engineer left, felt sorry for him.
Cheerio guys.:)

Nick_James
31-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone,
Any convincing ideas:confused: :confused:

I think it would depend on a number of factors that you haven't mentioned.

How hard you plan to run the machine? If you are not planning on running the machine at maximum capacity, the worn screws should do just fine.

What is your mean time between replacement of the screws/machine; what is the cost of your downtime when the machine needs repairs? For example, if the machine has been wearing out at a fairly regular frequency - say every two years - and you are 1.5 years into the machines life, then you probably should go ahead and do a replacement.

If the cost of your downtime in terms of lost sales is significant, a replacement may be the best option. On the other hand, if the plant is only at 50% capacity, you may not care about a spot of downtime.

It is a business decision based on where y'all are at.

mrrefrig
02-11-2008, 05:10 PM
I think it would depend on a number of factors that you haven't mentioned.

How hard you plan to run the machine? If you are not planning on running the machine at maximum capacity, the worn screws should do just fine.

What is your mean time between replacement of the screws/machine; what is the cost of your downtime when the machine needs repairs? For example, if the machine has been wearing out at a fairly regular frequency - say every two years - and you are 1.5 years into the machines life, then you probably should go ahead and do a replacement.

If the cost of your downtime in terms of lost sales is significant, a replacement may be the best option. On the other hand, if the plant is only at 50% capacity, you may not care about a spot of downtime.

It is a business decision based on where y'all are at.

weather or not you are going to run this machine loaded or unloaded the result will be the same. it will increase the discharge temperature a little but should not be an issue. the wear on the screws will just cause slippage but not hurt capacity unless the oil rings are worn off and got into the screws themselves. if you rebuild the compressor then i do not think any problems will come from it.and the life expectancy should not be hurt.

PHANANHTUAN
19-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Absolutely right, suction cover metal sprayed, by the way i've already assemble back the compressor. End clearance 0.0007, turns perfectly smooth. Take off time 1500 hrs this afternoon. :( the engineer left, felt sorry for him.
Cheerio guys.:)
Really? you are very good engineer? i want to ask you, when you overhaul the compressor, you read the instruction about it, why do you know that the end clearance 0.0007 is ok? i think many professional secrecy you don't know,so maybe the compresor run but not best
:o