PDA

View Full Version : York MTS screw compressor

Centrifuge
04-11-2012, 12:50 AM
Dear All,

I am trying to find a service/overhaul manual and a parts manual for a York MTS 24S screw compressor.
Any information on how to obtain this information would be great.

Thanks

Centrifuge
16-11-2012, 09:44 PM
So since I posted this message on the forum I have contacted two different JCI field offices the JCI parts center in Baltimore, the JCI parts hotline and the JCI reman compressor shop in Chicago.
Every time I speak to somebody I get the same answer we don't sell spare parts for our screw compressors.
One guy even told me today that screw compressors are not field serviceable!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Has any body else had this sort of issue with JCI before, I really can't believe the total lack of customer service from them they won't even sell me some o'rings for the back cover.
But they did offer to sell me a new compressor for $40,000!

hookster
17-11-2012, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=
One guy even told me today that screw compressors are not field serviceable!?!?!?!?!?!?!?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with his statement on this aspect. A leaking cover o-ring yes this is theoretically possible but work clean. Large screw machines I have spent many years rebuilding and servicing in the field but the reliability of screws has improved and over recent years this is more effective to be rebuilt in a workshop with a warranty for works.

To work in the field under a chiller stripping a compressor and rebuilding, welcome to a lot of heart ache!
You end up opening a screw in the field to confirm you have to reassemble it and ship it out for rotor machining.

When compressor failure is not a warranty issue you have to ask yourself who killed the compressor!!
Sorry to say but 8/10 times the service technician did most damage.