PDA

View Full Version : Thermoguard V model 45-1579

bigg18wlr
03-11-2012, 06:44 AM
:rolleyes:Need manual for this old reefer unit I am having issues with. It is a 95 sb3. Won't defrost. I believe its the processor. Would like to get Guarded Acces Manual. Any help is appreciated. TK dealers been ripping me off for years. Gonna fix the damn thing myself.

cadwaladr
03-11-2012, 04:06 PM
does the unit have an air switch fitted to it maybe you can fix that part of the defrost does it defrost manually by pressing the switch?

charlie patt
03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
like cad says check the magnehelix its the switch with a clear and dark pipe on it it should have one at that age circular about 5 inch wide with two wires on it if it aint got one either the df termination clixon gone which is located in the back of evap or if unit has a access panel in top corner gives you access to klixon

gravy258
05-11-2012, 10:53 PM
the TGV controller doesn't have smart defrost, and the access features are only for the unit config.

It has a switch operated manual defrost, a defrost timer, a defrost klixon and a natural defrost air switch.

More than likely its either the toggle switch or the defrost terminator klixon in the evaporator compartment.

Test the switch first, then if its OK, put its output wire to ground, if it goes into defrost its the klixon thats buggered. Worry about the air switch last, highly unlikely its that

put your email address on here if you want the manual.

bigg18wlr
26-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Thank you for responding too my query! I have been in truck for past two weeks. I finally found one problem. The controller circuit board was melted where a few resistors were. I have replaced it with a used one and now the unit will defrost properly. Before, the reset button would never ever pop out. When unit is in continuous mode it operates awsome. When in cyle centry mode it will pop the breaker and not reset for at least 15 20 minutes. Any help and any tech info you have would be very helpfull!;) bigg18wlr@gmail.com

bigg18wlr
26-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Thanks for help. It was the controller circuit board with clear and yellow relays. It melted at a resistor. Thank you

bigg18wlr
26-11-2012, 10:49 AM
Thank you for the info. Wound up being the circuit board with the yellow and clear relay in it. Unit operated great now, but will pop breaker now in cycle. When it does pop out It wont reset for 15 20 minutes???????

cadwaladr
26-11-2012, 07:17 PM
that reset switch is filled with solder and there is a resistor on it when a fault occurs ie one of the switches oil/water ground out the resistor gets warm solder becomes fluid latching mechanism in switch lets it pop out the time delay is the solder becoming solid again,as for the reason its tripping could be a wiring issue or oil/water is the condensor/radiator clean?

charlie patt
26-11-2012, 07:40 PM
why does it take so long to reset useually count to fifty and it will reset dont the resistor get a earth if i remember correctley,,,,, to trip something is giving a earth on cycle but not on continuous? like cad says oil water or pressure thermistor but why only cuts out on autostart? alt wired wrong check and sea where earth is comeing from but it should still not take twenty mins to reset

cadwaladr
26-11-2012, 07:47 PM
those switches the early ones,are not designed to be reset too often and they become weak,not sure on why auto start sounds like a wiring issue to me if its fried a relay board?

charlie patt
26-11-2012, 07:57 PM
you used to be able just to get the resistor on provision the nuts came undone got to be wiring? i did once have a wrong alt on one and it caused this issue alt was of a sb11 with different output terminals

Boss302
29-11-2012, 06:04 PM
My guess would be that it isn't cranking/starting at times when on cycle/sentry. Older units have a habit of doing that. Usually low voltage to 8s wire (starter solenoid), the best thing to do is install a relay at the starter if it doesn't already have one.

IRMechanik
29-11-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree with boss, the SB-III's were bad for low voltage to the starter. The jones plugs at the control panel get burnt / corroded. They have a nasty habit of working fine until you open the control panel. The starter relay is a very good idea but check the two big plugs going into the control panel. The 2 circuit (main power) often gets burnt.