PDA

View Full Version : York YCIV0590-1500 chiller trip on low suction superheat.

joe88
31-10-2012, 07:48 AM
Hi my name is joe, new to the forum so please advise me for the following,
Checking a york chiller found trip on low suction superheat, later found out the level of the feeder tank was 3% when chiller had stoped, have a feeling is low in gas.
thanks
regards
joe.

moideen
01-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Hi my name is joe, new to the forum so please advise me for the following,
Checking a york chiller found trip on low suction superheat, later found out the level of the feeder tank was 3% when chiller had stoped, have a feeling is low in gas.
thanks
regards
joe.

hi joe, welcome to re.check the suction transducer and suction temp.sensor giving accurate output.

Moideen-Dubai

yorkman_gr
04-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Joe check your suction temperature sensor probably is the one that giving you that fault , and of course make sure the rest of the system is ok and you don't have any leakage

joe88
04-11-2012, 11:04 AM
well i checked the suction pressure with temperature, works on a 4 to 5k superheat on start up but later as other circuits starts the circuit working got to 50%of load and cause the suctuin pressure to rise, as so trips on suction super heat. Also checked the feeded levels on other circuits fount they are around 8%.

yorkman_gr
04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
You have to check each system alone, because when the system is starting up needs about 20 min of running to establish a good ridding and that on full load , so if you have problems to run all the systems on full load , because lack of load , then you should run the systems one by one and wait about 20 min and then take the ridings, check also the sub cooling normally should be between 3-4 K, the superheat is between 5-6 K, but again this problem is caused because the drain valve stays to much open and the evaporator is filled with to much liquid causing low superheat temperature alarm, also you have the possibility if you go to the service mode you can check manually all the feed and drain valves

yorkman_gr
04-11-2012, 03:48 PM
no ridings:p but readings :D

joe88
05-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Well i tried to check through the service mode, but couldnt change the levels, can i manually change the level of the feeder and drain tank ?

yorkman_gr
06-11-2012, 05:49 AM
Joe to operate manually the feed and drain valves you need to know a passcode and you need to know the procedure, please don't ask me to give that code because i wont, but once your in abu dhabi and you cant find a solution to your problem, you can always call at york Qatar or Dubai .
Also i will advies before start messing around with drains, feeds , sensors etc, i will strongly recommend , start to to check first the systems for any leaks etc, and like i said low suction temperature alarm mostly caused by the suction temperature sensor because this sensor is controlling the drain valve, also i will suggest if you have the possibility to make an operating print out and post it in here , one system at the time and on full load and like i said also you have to run the system at list for 20 min before you do anything

joe88
07-11-2012, 09:23 AM
Thank yorkman appreciated, i'll check for any leak in the system an also try to get the passcode.