PDA

View Full Version : Leaking LG LST244V Split System

Nicnac
30-10-2012, 07:07 AM
Hi everybody,
This is my first post on this forum - hi!

I have an LG LST244V split system that was installed in 2004 (from memory) so is no longer in warranty. It has worked fine all these years but in the last 12 months or so it has started leaking water into the house from the indoor vents.

We haven't called anyone in because we're a 3 hour round trip from the nearest service centre (ouch on hip pocket).

I'm looking for ideas on how to diagnose the exact problem and if possible fix it instead of having to call in the techs.

I thought that perhaps the condensation draining hose was blocked by something like a wasp nest or something silly, but I can't find anything in the hose.

I welcome all advice and tips :)

frank
30-10-2012, 08:41 AM
If you shine a torch up the fan outlet, can you see if the fan scroll is clean or full of dirt build up?

If the fan scroll isn't clean then the airflow through the coil will be reduced leading to lower 'air off' temperatures and excessive condensation.

Also, check the bottom of the coil where it sits in the drain channel. Is there a gap or is the condensate running down the coil leaking over the side of the drain channel?

When it's running, does the coil frost up?

Nicnac
30-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Ok, how do I check those things?

Please pretend I haven't a clue (cause I haven't in this situation)

Thank you!

frank
30-10-2012, 09:34 AM
They are all visual checks......take a torch and just have a good look at it.

martinw58
30-10-2012, 05:30 PM
have you checked the air filter is clean its where the unit takes the air in