PDA

View Full Version : Heat issues from a Daikin 5MXS90E7V3B1 Multi Inverter

Daz man
29-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Afternoon,

I am struggling to obtain heat from the above unit on R410A

If possible I would like some technical advice on a heating issue with an R410A 'Multi Inverter'

I have installed (installed myself back in April 2008) in a house in two 5MXS90E7V3B1 Daikin condensers. On each condenser there are just two FVXS35FV1B indoors.

These units are controlled by an ITC controller and each have a hand held controller which are hardly used, the ITC is the main controller.

One condenser works well with no issues found.

The second condenser, serial number (1839405) was reported as not reaching desired set point in both first floor bedrooms on heat mode.

After removing the outdoor fascia panel I found the following L.E.D's displaying -

Green L.E.D flashing.

L.E.D 1 (red) on

L.E.D 3 (red) on

That if I recall means, 'overload relay made - or high discharge pipe temperature'

To start with I checked refrigerant charge to find short. Correct charge as per data plate states 2.99kg. I weighed out 1.09kg.

After rectifying the leak and correctly re-charging the condenser, I then commissioned to find both indoor FVXS35FV1B working with heat discharging from the outlets but the heat did not seem to be 'Hot' room struggling to hit set point. Indoors spec'd correctly for room size.

Normally on Daikin units I find that once the indoor coil reaches temperature the indoor fan speeds up and the rooms get really warm.

On this occasion both indoor units were running but the indoor fan seemed very slow (lowest speed), yes it was heating but the heat seemed poor even after a ten minute period.

The outdoor inverter compressor was ramping up and down with the condenser fan working well.

This may have no relevance to the above fault, but the compressor did seem a bit loud on full load (inverter at full speed) it was working and pumping but the noise it made was like a constant 'tapping/humming' obviously its hard to describe but when the customer specified these units one of the reasons was the outdoor units were a low db level.

A bit of a wild guess here, but could the compressor be letting me down on capacity?

Is there any other components in the outdoor condenser which could affect the temperature of the heat which is discharging form the indoor units.

Feedback would be appreciated.

frank
29-10-2012, 03:59 PM
What is the total length of the interconnecting pipework?
Outdoor to Unit 1?
Outdoor to Unit 2?
What are the measured air temperatures on and off the indoor units?
What is the discharge pressure ?
What is the running current of the compressor?

Your LED's indicate trouble with the compressor - see attached pdf's

Have you carried out the wiring check function?

Daz man
30-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Thank you for your reply, will check this out. I did measure on/off temps, will post shortly

Daz man
30-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Frank,

wiring check function? Is this a procedure direct from Daikin? I can't say I'm familiar with this! Not unless its a function that I know as something else?

Thanks for your feedback

frank
30-10-2012, 03:02 PM
It's a function built into the system and should be carried out during commissioning.