PDA

View Full Version : Anyone likes reading?

jinn
29-10-2012, 04:05 AM
talk about what kinds of writings are your interest

monkey spanners
29-10-2012, 09:00 PM
I'm reading 'The Dharma of Star Wars'

A good read it is :D

install monkey
29-10-2012, 09:52 PM
shouldn't that be: a read good is it?- yoda! haha:D
I'm reading 'The Dharma of Star Wars'

A good read it is :D

eggs
29-10-2012, 10:45 PM
I read a couple of books a week. The latest was "wheat belly". It is basically about how the US dietary/health studies and recommendations are subsidised by the giant american agriculture corporations.

Eat bread and get fat.........put some pasta and spuds with it......you'll be be diabetic in no time....

Eggs

install monkey
29-10-2012, 10:58 PM
im currently reading daikin manuals, for my next read id like to get to grips with a fujitsu manual- linking posts!!! haha:off topic:

Brian_UK
30-10-2012, 12:13 AM
talk about what kinds of writings are your interest

I like things that are written correctly with good grammar.

Magoo
30-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Totally agree with Brian_UK.

jinn
30-10-2012, 03:06 AM
I read a couple of books a week. The latest was "wheat belly". It is basically about how the US dietary/health studies and recommendations are subsidised by the giant american agriculture corporations.

Eat bread and get fat.........put some pasta and spuds with it......you'll be be diabetic in no time....

Eggs
it is about fitness or argriculture?

jinn
30-10-2012, 03:11 AM
I like things that are written correctly with good grammar.

many books that are not written correctly with good grammar?

stufus
30-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm currently reading the Koran ,just waiting for the story to explode into action. At least that's how i think it goes.
Cheers
Stu

eggs
30-10-2012, 08:26 PM
it is about fitness or argriculture?

It is basically about how since the US dietary guidelines have been recommending a diet consisting of "healthy whole grains" The population have gotten increasingly fatter.
It goes into the whole blood chemistry and insulin resistance that is caused by eating wheat products and other foods containing gluten proteins...:rolleyes:

I got into after adopting a paleo lifestyle and seeing my own weight decrease and health increase. Have a look at Marks Daily Apple (http://www.marksdailyapple.com/#axzz2AoOj8H4u) to see what it's all about.

The best book along a similar line if you are interested in this kind of thing is: Gary Taubes (http://www.garytaubes.com/), Why we get fat, which is a layman's version of his other book Good calories, Bad calories

Cheers

Eggs

frank
30-10-2012, 09:36 PM
The best book along a similar line if you are interested in this kind of thing is: Gary Taubes (http://www.garytaubes.com/), Why we get fat, which is a layman's version of his other book Good calories, Bad calories

Cheers

Eggs
Similar to the one I'm reading....Red Wine, White Wine...:D

Brian_UK
31-10-2012, 12:02 AM
many books that are not written correctly with good grammar?

I stand by my comment.

icecube51
31-10-2012, 06:40 PM
I like to read the positive saldo on my bank account, starting from the bottom (smallest number) so when i go to sleep i am only having positive thoughts. .....

Ice

THE DUDE
05-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Just read Star Island by Carl Hiaasen.

djbe
09-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Military history is my thing. Especially WW1 & WW2, but also later conflicts.

Of particular interest are first hand accounts from people involved. Not just from the allies side, if you read accounts from the axis countries it is very interesting to see that ordinary soldiers had the same thoughts and feelings and were merely performing their duty (however wrong or misguided).

When you read some experiences that those guys went through it really does bring home how lucky we are.

djbe
11-11-2012, 01:07 AM
Re: my last post.

Very poignant watching the festival of remembrance tonight on TV.

Respect.

cadwaladr
03-12-2012, 03:57 AM
just bought her indoors the kindle fire for xmas,but have been told its the basic kindle thats best so going to order one of those and if she cannot get to grips with the fire hey presto papa gotta brand new bag!.

djbe
07-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Look at the kindle paperwhite as well .just come out last month. Backlight so you can kip in peace while she is reading!!!

install monkey
07-12-2012, 11:34 PM
I like to read "the cat in the hat" and "green eggs and ham":p dr seuss is a legend!

Aden8100
27-12-2012, 02:18 PM
"The Hundred Great Persons"written by Michael H. Hart.
I love reading about history...good one in this regard...great book!!!!

jamesmartin
06-06-2013, 11:34 AM
yes i do have read a lot of book in my days back in school.now i dont have much time for all this.

Mikl
07-06-2013, 04:17 AM
Hello everyone!

Mikl
07-06-2013, 04:36 AM
I like read books. My favorit writer is Mikhail Bulgakhov. He wrote some great fictions. I like "Master and margarita" and "The Dog`s heart". So I am intresting Varlam Shalamov, Alexandr Solgenitsyn, Valentin Pikyl. They wrote about кepressions of the 30's in USSR and about WW2. Now I began to read "The portrait of Dorian Grey" by Osсar Wild.

rathodh61
02-07-2013, 01:05 PM
I don't like read but I love to read. Reading is my one of the best hobby. I have also more hobby like Traveling, Watching Action Movies, Playing Games (Cricket, Bicycling, Tennis), Go to out of state with friends, Make new friends online, Internet Surfing and Dancing with Singing. But Reading is my favorite hobby ever. I almost reading all books about Indian Freedom Fighters like Veer Bhagatsingh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, Mahatma Gandhi Ji and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. I love to read about Indian History.:)

Reeferman27
05-07-2013, 12:06 PM
I've been working in Afghanistan for a couple of years and read anything I could get my hands on. I got fed up with real books and went to the Kindle touch, what an awesome bit of kit!!!! Someone gave me 5000 books for it and it lasts about 2-3 MONTHS on a charge. Decided to upgrade to a FIRE HD, best thing since sliced bread. Now I can read books, watch films, play games, surf the web, email and skype. Battery life could be better, about 5-7 hours depending on what and how bright. As for genre I prefer action/adventure and horror as in Wilbur Smith and Steven King, but have tried most. Now have a library of about 10-15 thousand titles.

FreezerGeezer
05-07-2013, 01:15 PM
Some Favourite authors / books:
Patrick O'Brien
Isaac Asimov
Gerald Durrell
Iain Banks / I M Banks. RIP
Terry Pratchett
A. E. Smith
J. D. Robb
Alexander McCall Smith
Lion Outwitted By Hare
The Singing Chameleon
The Heroes
Norse Myths & Legends
New Scientist (ok, it's a periodical not a book)
Tom Sharpe
The Sacred Book of the Werewolf
Dan Brown

jamesmartin
16-07-2013, 11:27 AM
i am reading fifty shades of greay:D
and i am loving it.

welray
24-07-2013, 07:58 AM
YES!!!!!!!!!
I like to reading books and novels to increase my general knowledge!!!!!

AustinBert
25-09-2013, 06:17 AM
Yeah...!
I like to read historical stuff and and about great personalities of the world...!

marc5180
26-09-2013, 05:26 PM
Engineering mathematics is the book I'm reading right now! :rolleyes:

glenn1340
27-09-2013, 09:54 AM
Just finishing "1939 the British guarantee to Poland" The more you read about the build up to WW2 the more you realise it all could have been avoided

rupertsilva10
05-10-2013, 07:32 AM
I do love reading, I remember the time when I was in college and I was like so addicted to reading books like literature and believe it or not books about constitution. Right now, because of work I wasn't able to read that much but when there's opportunity reading is my favorite past time.