PDA

View Full Version : Hoshizaki Ice Maker

Northdude
28-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of the times it takes for a Hoshizaki IM240DME-23 ice maker to drop ice per cycle? Been to the job a couple of times and bin virtually always full but customer is complaining that it should be filling the bin a lot faster, the thickness setting on pcb is set to the smallest/fastest setting and its taking the machine around 30-35 mins per batch, the room temp is around 22 degrees C, checked it over and cant find any problems with it but its a lot bigger than the machines i usually work on, cant weigh the ice and check against spec as its in a busy bar so ice is being used all the time, just wondering if 30mins is a long time for these bigger machines? Thanks in advance

al
28-10-2012, 07:13 PM
That time sounds right, depends on what size bin you have, is this a modular unit that can sit on any size bin?

http://en.hoshizaki-europe.com/files/download/459bbb57a6_IM-240NE-WM2E%20Specification%20sheet.pdf

spec sheet is for 240kgs ice per 24hours, weigh what one load drops and you can work it out from there, if customer is running out of ice then either bin is too small or a second machine will be needed to cope with peak load. if i remember right setting the thickness stat to minimum may only make a 5 minute difference to overall ice making time.

al

al
28-10-2012, 07:15 PM
double post.

install monkey
28-10-2012, 07:36 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?74p9k2540563qo2

chemi-cool
28-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I have found out that every time a fridgy connect the gauges, you loose some gas, always in the gas phase. On 404 it changes the chemistry and the capacity.
I suggest you take out the old refrigerant, deep vacuum, new drier and virgin refrigerant in.
It worked for me a few times.

install monkey
28-10-2012, 08:37 PM
check the base of the bin - ensure the drain isn't backing up, will destroy the ice if any water present, also check the customer aint leaving the lid open, check nozzles are clear,ensure ice is clearing the evap and not jamming, check timer operation, also led on pcb flash count, will alert for a few common defects.
Hi all, just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of the times it takes for a Hoshizaki IM240DME-23 ice maker to drop ice per cycle? Been to the job a couple of times and bin virtually always full but customer is complaining that it should be filling the bin a lot faster, the thickness setting on pcb is set to the smallest/fastest setting and its taking the machine around 30-35 mins per batch, the room temp is around 22 degrees C, checked it over and cant find any problems with it but its a lot bigger than the machines i usually work on, cant weigh the ice and check against spec as its in a busy bar so ice is being used all the time, just wondering if 30mins is a long time for these bigger machines? Thanks in advance

Northdude
29-10-2012, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the replys, yes i am over there tomorrow morning so will weigh 1 load and time it and see if it roughly matches the capacity, the customer just bought it used off a company i do work for, if its not adding up then i will recover and re-charge, the business nextdoor has the same one and he says it fills up really fast so is convinced there is something wrong with his but that depends on how much ice they are going through, thanks again!!