PDA

View Full Version : Can someone answer me this please?

WeNeedUnions
25-10-2012, 11:44 AM
Why on earth are the three pipe ports on the suction side of a reversing valve so close together and the copper tubes not extended to a greater length off the body of the valve so to reduce the chance of ever frying the slide inside? Even using flux braze welding these things is a joke! If the valve has to be changed in position and can not be welded together outside the unit. It can be one of the most difficult tasks to preform in this trade and painful on the body of the tech changing the thing. I dont get it.Surely by now they can come up with a more practical design or quick disconnect style option i absolutely hate the things.
(no in talking the smaller valves im talking about the bigger size valves...small ones are a piece off piss)

install monkey
25-10-2012, 06:45 PM
the idea is so when u fit em its a guessing game to whether you fried the guts, you wont know till u run the bugger.
there is a 100% gaurenteed way to ensure no internal damage but it takes a lot of practise- or just stick with the wet rag

jdunc2301
25-10-2012, 07:19 PM
i seem to manage ok, seen all sorts of monkeys cutting the things here and there and pissing about...just need a bit of patience

jdunc2301
25-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Apart from Install Monkey with his intricate bucket water system ;-)

The Viking
25-10-2012, 07:40 PM
Trust the union guy to be moaning

:p

frank
25-10-2012, 08:34 PM
I've changed a few on the Mitsi R2 VRF units and they are a pain...

One of the legs comes straight down onto a square flange plate :rolleyes:

SeanB
27-10-2012, 02:09 PM
I just remove them..... Who needs a heater in Durban South Africa. Tell the controller it is cooling only and away you go. Cold weather here means it dropped into the Teens Celsius. Hot goes to the low 40's and 100% RH.

RusBuka
27-10-2012, 04:35 PM
You'll laugh, but VRV Haier port is not high pressure at all, only after EEV outdoor unit ...