PDA

View Full Version : Addressing using Daikin BRC1E Controller

Klinker100
21-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Hi,

Might sound a tad simple but does anyone know the sequence to get to the address setting on the new DAikin remote pls.

Matt :D

install monkey
21-10-2012, 09:51 AM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?c19inocks2yidm2
:)

Klinker100
21-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Ah thanks ! Am i being thick i cant see refernece to addressing in the quick reference document ??

:confused:

install monkey
21-10-2012, 10:42 AM
good point-whats the indoor model no

Klinker100
21-10-2012, 11:04 AM
We have a range of FXFQ35AVEB to 100s

AbsoluteWDJ
21-10-2012, 02:12 PM
Hi,

Might sound a tad simple but does anyone know the sequence to get to the address setting on the new DAikin remote pls.

Matt :D

1. Tap any button so the screen illuminates
2. Push and hold the cancel button (bottom right) for around five seconds
3. Scroll down to group address function then press enter (middle button)
4. Program group address and then press enter to save address

Remember if it cannot see a central control you won't have the group address option. So make sure the central control is wired correctly and activated

Klinker100
21-10-2012, 03:45 PM
1. Tap any button so the screen illuminates
2. Push and hold the cancel button (bottom right) for around five seconds
3. Scroll down to group address function then press enter (middle button)
4. Program group address and then press enter to save address

Remember if it cannot see a central control you won't have the group address option. So make sure the central control is wired correctly and activated

Bingo !! We were trying to get it all addressed on sat and couldn't get the activation code for the i touch as the Daikin offices were shut ! Therefore no I touch set up = no address option on the controllers !! I've been scratching my head as it doesn't document this anywhere !! Also the outdoors aren't seeing any of the indoors yet would this be again due to its waiting for the info from the I touch ??

Mainly Mitsi so a tad behind with the Daikin routene !!

Thanks Matt

AbsoluteWDJ
21-10-2012, 04:55 PM
Bingo !! We were trying to get it all addressed on sat and couldn't get the activation code for the i touch as the Daikin offices were shut ! Therefore no I touch set up = no address option on the controllers !! I've been scratching my head as it doesn't document this anywhere !! Also the outdoors aren't seeing any of the indoors yet would this be again due to its waiting for the info from the I touch ??

Mainly Mitsi so a tad behind with the Daikin routene !!

Thanks Matt

What I would do is this

1. Disconnect the F1-F2 OUT from the outdoor terminals
2. Initialise each outdoor with just the system wiring and no central wiring connected
3. Once initialised, check each system sees the correct amount of BS/Indoor units
4. Activate the I touch control
5. Connect the central wiring F1-F2 OUT to master outdoor units only back to F1-F2 Itouch terminals

Regards

Klinker100
24-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Ok so I just activated the itouch then the address function appears ! Then went round connecting a remote to units that won't have a permanent local remote, addressed the unit killed the power to the unit detached the remote then powered the unit up. ( only thing I forgot to do was change field setting 24-8-02 to 01 for self cleaning fascia ) so had to go round and attach again but luckily we installed a remote cable extension out of the unit left in block for ease of connecting a remote because those self cleaning grilles are not easy quick access to the terminals !!

All ran up well performed the Q contamination elimination process decided on pre charging rather than letting self charge nice and quick up and running !

Thanks for the replies !!!

Matt